Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 TSX and the front end shakes while breaking. I don't feel it in the pedal but the steering wheel. I've replaced the front rotors and calipers 4 times and it keeps coming back after about 3mos, so that's not the problem.Did the rear rotors, but not calipers. Tires were replaced and balanced. Heavy downshifting almost eliminates the problem, but not completely. My mechanic is clueless as is the Acura dealer, any suggestions?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Are the slide pins free and functioning properly? Brake lube applied in all the proper places?
Check your front compliance bushings, all the rest of the bushings on upper and lower arms, ball joints, tie rods, and end links.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an 04 TSX and the front end shakes while breaking. I don't feel it in the pedal but the steering wheel. I've replaced the front rotors and calipers 4 times and it keeps coming back after about 3mos, so that's not the problem.Did the rear rotors, but not calipers. Tires were replaced and balanced. Heavy downshifting almost eliminates the problem, but not completely. My mechanic is clueless as is the Acura dealer, any suggestions?
After replacing the rotors it stops shaking for 3 months?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Going with shandalo on this one. The calipers are dragging. The shake returns because the heat from the dragging calipers is warping the rotors. When I bought rebuilt calipers to fix my recurring warped rotors the pins included looked like bolts from home depot. They were so poorly machined they had ridges that guranteed drag on the new calipers. I bought good pins locally and never had a problem again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If it keeps coming back after 3 months when you replaced the caliper (assuming ass'y, so new pins too) and rotor, it could be your driving habit. My mom does the same thing she can't keep a straight rotor for over 6 months and I don't know the exact cause, but when I kept the car for a year after new brakes it didn't happen. It was a Nissan Altima btw.

If you do most of your braking near the stopping point and hold the brake until the front of the car bounces back up and hold it there, yeah it's you.

I tend to shed more speed as soon as I start braking (which pisses some people off who wants to race me to the red light with no turning lane) and when I'm almost stopped I release brake to bring the front of the car back up slowly. If it's an automatic you can even finish braking (speedo 0mph, car still rolling) half-car length earlier and let it creep forward to come to a complete stop to let your brakes cool so the pads don't leave impressions of themselves on the face of the rotor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I recommend non-OEM rotors and pads on top of what everything else everybody said. I went with the street warrior z26 rotors and pads and overall they have been the best brakes I've ever owned. Very minimal dust and shake-free and they look cool and also very affordable

1 - 6 of 6 Posts