Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all my cars, I simply use some zlpties to mount the front plates onto the front bumper by looping it through openings in the front grill. Does anybody know if the 2012s have openings in the front grille to allow for this? This method also allows for easy removal if needed (car shows, etc). Zlpties are cheeeeeap ;)

I am NOT drilling the front bumper. Thx.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dont they have a mounting bracket for it? Mine came with the bracket on No drilling necessary though I took it off first day I got the car lol.
The mounting bracket is held on via screws that screw directly into the front bumper...which is a big no no in my book. Not sure which bracket you have, but if it's OEM, it has to be through the bumper.

just like this

I'm just wondering if that grill opening below the front plates (in the above pic) has openings and slats to be able to loop zip ties through.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
using zip ties through the grille would look like crap
front plates look like crap PERIOD, no matter where they hang.

I'm just not ruining my paint or bumper. So I can either have it look like crap on holes on my bumper, or look like crap temporarily through zip ties and not harming my paint. I'll choose the latter.

So to others out there, that's a yes, that the front grille has these openings to hang ties through?

·
Registered
250 Posts
The mounting bracket is held on via screws that screw directly into the front bumper...which is a big no no in my book. Not sure which bracket you have, but if it's OEM, it has to be through the bumper.

just like this

I'm just wondering if that grill opening below the front plates (in the above pic) has openings and slats to be able to loop zip ties through.
Interesting, the dealer I got mine from didnt screw in the bracket it was held on through the back under the grill area. Idk weird to explain

·
Registered
272 Posts
He has a 2nd gen. Cant you just drill holes underneath the bumper opening so its not visible? Or zip tie it there if possible cause zip tieing it onto the grill would look terrible lol

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
there should be stock oem holes for plate frame at the lower grille.

i know cuz i snapped mine, check my build thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts