Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so Im about 90% sure my driver side front wheel bearing needs to be replaced. I've researched how to DIY and I unfortunately just dont have the tools or the time to take this on. I was wondering what a shop would charge to do this? My hope would be $350 or less.

·
Registered
'05 TSX Auto
26 Posts
I redid the front suspension on the '05 TSX we have. Redid the front knuckles by buying new ones, and having a machine shop press in the ball joints, bearings and hubs for me. (The old ones were rusted, the sensors rusted in place, with possibly one of the bearings installed the wrong way.) I bought all the parts from Rock Auto. Total cost to have everything pressed in for both knuckles was $160. Note that when replacing bearings, the bearing has to be pressed into the knuckle, then the hub has to be pressed into the bearing bore. So there are two pressing operations needed to install them, not one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
And believe me ... You have the tools. All that can be done with wrenches and a Mallet 🤷🏿‍♀️

·
Registered
414 Posts
Depending on where you are in the country, the bearing can be replaced “on the car”. Rust is a factor but it doesn’t make the job impossible meaning you can avoid replacing the whole knuckle. Expect in the 350 range if all goes well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts