Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

So today it was -30 degrees.c. at my place and my brake pedal was frozen solid. I had to wait for the car to warm up before It got loose. This is the second time I have had a frozen pedal.
I am getting it checked out at the dealership this week.
Also notice the car does not like cold weather as it struggles to start in these conditions, so I will get them to check the status of the battery.

Anyone else have these brake issues?
I never had anything done to brakes since I bought it.

2012 TSX
77,000km

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,655 Posts
Might have to run a different brake fluid then stock or at least have your brake fluid doused and changed with some new stuff. Not sure what OEM is rated for as far as coldness. Also there have been people having issues with getting their cars started in such cold weather.

People have recommend getting a battery warmer or a bigger better battery then the stock one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might have to run a different brake fluid then stock or at least have your brake fluid doused and changed with some new stuff. Not sure what OEM is rated for as far as coldness. Also there have been people having issues with getting their cars started in such cold weather.

People have recommend getting a battery warmer or a bigger better battery then the stock one.
Yeah I figured that or someone tampered with the fluid before I bought it, had 39,000km when I purchased it. Will see what the dealership finds. As per the cold starts, anything below 0 and it struggles, really struggles at -30 lol mind you most cars do but I feel like if I does not start on the first two cranks its dead for good.

·
FG2 to CU2
237 Posts
Flush your brake fluid when it gets warmer. Not very hard to do with a buddy. Brake fluid likes to attract and hold moisture, so that might lead to your brake pedal feeling like its frozen.

You can get your battery cold crank tested at most auto parts stores for free to see if it still has enough juice in it for those cold days.

The struggle is real here in MN too for both issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.