Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am kind of too lazy to search because I have search all day to try and remove my front speakers, and my bolt to the actuator stripped. But anyways, I see people running 18 x 8/9+35, has anyone ran 10.5 in the back? I know some people ran 18 x 10 +18 or something. Or would running 19 x 8.5/9.5 + 22 be easier??

Right now I have 19 x 8.5 +35 TE37s all around with no modifications. I just want another set of TEs in +22 to get come concave look. I was wondering what width I can run to achieve it with the less modifications to fenders.

Thank you

·
Registered
834 Posts
Some ppl run 10.5, its pretty insane but also pretty baller.
18x9.5 +22 ,just an idea.
Sounds good to me.
But I'm not a wheel guru or anything just making a pretty educated assumption. You would need to roll though. If you go with 18x10 youd need to pull up front, the rears should clear with some camber.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

·
David Path
1,650 Posts

A friend on FB is running 10.5 on his tsx. As you can see if you want to go lower you have to dial in hell of a camber!

I myself, am not a wheel guru also.

If you want to know more add him "Chris Baldeo"

·
9,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That green TSX is SICK!!!

I know running 10s in the back will require major camber and pulling the fender. I don't want to go too crazy as I daily drive the car. So I prefer going with something like 9.5 +22s ...

·
9,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ but I still have to roll my fender right? and do you know how much camber I need to run for front and back?

·
I <3 My CL9
1,492 Posts
Yes for sure Benz. I have 18x8.5 +27 and rolled my fenders. I want to get them pulled so I can run a 235/35 size tire. Anywho I am not exactly positive on camber you will have to PM guys with those wheel specs and who have the same tire size you want. Depends on height and tire but the member Steve-o had 18x9.5 +22 Volk Te37 with 245/35/18 but not sure on his camber specs.

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-g...me-has-finally-arrived-level-one-content.html

·
9,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^ Thanks man!! I was trying to run Steve-o's set-up but I am not sure if he's active on here anymore. I don't really want to do too much fender work that's why i wanted to run a staggered set-up before. I am not even sure how 245 tires would fit but thanks again!

·
n/a
8,573 Posts
hmm what tire size do you want to go with? I think 19x8.5 +22 and 19x9.5 +22 is definitely achievable, I think you can pull this off with just a roll and camber. That was the sizing I wanted for TE-37's but nonetheless, I couldn't find any used ones at a justifiable price and color that I wanted. I would say you can definitely stay within -3 camber. As for 9.5 +22 in front, that can be done but I think at that point, a pull is necessary.

·
9,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^ Just the answer I needed!! I was thinking about that set-up all along, but it's hard to find used wheels in 8.5/9.5. 9.5/10.5 is easier, that's why I want to see how much more work I need. But knowing that the set up you mention is achievable, then it's all good!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts