Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so finally I went down to Thomas Acura yesterday, I got the non-nav down to 25200, went to the dealership saw the nav in grey/black fell in love they quoted 27200, good deal. I thought everything was going smooth untill evalution of my trade in they gave it to me, it's 2002 Toyota Cmary Le V6, my sister hit a poll on the rear fender area ( from all the way from back to the gas opening area ), the drivers door makes some metal "ding" noise as some piece came off. Anyways i expected at least $10,000, but they quoted as $8,500. Are they correct?, I just walked out cuz they were pissing me off.

G

·
Why don't you try appraising your car at CarMax since you live in SoCal. There is one in Duarte, and they usually give fair value for your car. There is no obligation to sell but at least you can use it as a benchmark as to how much you can get for your car. If you do decide to sell it, they will give you a bank draft for the amount right away then you can pick up your baby at Thomas Acura right after! :lickout:

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
Dude, your not going to get what you want from a dealer with a trade in. Your just better off selling the car yourself. The same thing happened to me with my Toyota Tacoma I wanted to trade in. I asked for 7500, they would only give me 7000, guy just would not budge. I still bought my TSX from them, but I went and sold the truck a week later for $9800.

Did you check kbb.com?

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
^^^ werd. stealership cream you on trade ins.

·
Yankee Killer
37 Posts
I know its a completely different class of vehicle, but for my trade in I was offered $150... Then sold it for $3000 instead.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Michlee60 said:
I know its a completely different class of vehicle, but for my trade in I was offered $150... Then sold it for $3000 instead.
150$?

What were you trading in?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Congrats!!... good job..Im sure ull be happy w/ the TSX, sounds like u got a good deal...no more need to be fusturated :spin:

enjoy her!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Yeah, I talked to CarMax and they were only going to offer me like $9,000 for my '02 Civic Si becuase it had some mods :rolleyes: and I didn't even bother asking for a trade-in price when I got my TSX (got it for $27,000). So, I ended up selling my Si the next week for $12,500!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.