Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm looking to sell my TSX which I've owned and loved for more than 7 years. In more than 25 years of car ownership, I've never lasted half that amount with any other car, including BMWs, Lexi and Porsches. The car is non-nav and completely stock except for LED interior lights. I actually have the original incandescent bulbs if you want! The car currently has a little over 181,500 miles and will go up slowly as I only drive this car on the weekends for fun. The car has never been tracked or raced. It has been maintained religiously from both the dealer and a local independent who is a family friend. I only ever put top tier premium gas in the car, and it's hand washed consistently from April to October. I'm located in a suburb of Philadelphia.

Recent wear items addressed include the following.
PA State Inspection and emissions done 6/1/20 at 179,819 miles
New battery and wipers in Feb 2020 at 178,391 miles
New front rotors 11/5/19 at 176,122 miles
New OEM clutch by Piazza Acura on 7/30/19 at 174,319 miles

All three common fail points of the TSX (Air Conditioner, Power Steering Pump and Front Suspension) have already been addressed. An aftermarket axle was used up front which has created the common vibration at lower speeds. I have paperwork and maintenance costs for all service during my ownership.

Exterior has a few paint chips but overall is in good shape aside from some oxidation of the roof paint. I have tried to show it in the pictures but can obviously send better shots to anyone interested. The front right bumper is not fully flush.

Interior is in fabulous shape aside from some scratches on the front passenger seat. I am guessing the prior owner had a small dog ride in the car periodically. The seat looks the same as when I bought the car so it is not degrading over time.

I LOVE this car. Our family is driving about half of our normal miles in COVID and we have 4 cars for 2 drivers. The lack of driving is actually hurting this car and I'd like to see it go to someone who can use it. The engine and transmission are strong and feel like they could easily go 500,000 miles.

I feel $6,500 is the correct price for this car, given it's condition, rare 6MT and general peak Hondaness. Every Acura loaner I've had since 2009 feels like a complete let down.

If you have any questions or interest, please reach out here and we'll exchange contact info. Thanks in advance!
Keys with Placard.jpg
Keys with Placard.jpg
TSX gauges.jpg
TSX gauges.jpg
TSX Side.jpg
TSX Front Stance.jpg
TSX Front with Inspect.jpg
Roof Paint.jpg
DWS.jpg
Trunk.jpg
Engine Bay.jpg
TSX Interior.jpg

·
Registered
373 Posts
That stupid roof oxidation! Made me so sad to see it happen to mine. Good looking car if I say so myself... And great tire choice! GLWS!

·
Registered
214 Posts
07/ABP/Black/6MT! That's a unicorn! I knew as soon as i dumped a bunch of money in my 160K 06 6MT a unicorn like this would become available. i just put about 4K in parts in mine in the last 6 months after a year of trying to find a PWP or ABP 07+/Black/6MT more worthy of making my forever car. I would lose too much trying to sell mine, so i'll buy a few lotto tickets after work today to see if the stars align for me to finally get an ABP.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Additio
That stupid roof oxidation! Made me so sad to see it happen to mine. Good looking car if I say so myself... And great tire choice! GLWS!
Yes, that roof oxidation is so upsetting! I've been putting a car cover on now during the week, hopefully it doesn't spread.

Thanks for the compliments on the car and Continentals!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
07/ABP/Black/6MT! That's a unicorn! I knew as soon as i dumped a bunch of money in my 160K 06 6MT a unicorn like this would become available. i just put about 4K in parts in mine in the last 6 months after a year of trying to find a PWP or ABP 07+/Black/6MT more worthy of making my forever car. I would lose too much trying to sell mine, so i'll buy a few lotto tickets after work today to see if the stars align for me to finally get an ABP.
Ha! It is such a fantastic color combo. 06 - 08 6MTs are some of the best cars around, so you are lucky to have one in any color. I did the same thing a couple years ago to keep this one going and I feel it was the right call. If you hit the lotto, let me know and we'll discuss getting the ABP your way! If I hit the lotto, I'd build an extra garage for my TSX before I bought a new car. It's that good.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sharp looking 06! I got your PM, sent a reply and will be in touch later today.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm looking to sell my TSX which I've owned and loved for more than 7 years. In more than 25 years of car ownership, I've never lasted half that amount with any other car, including BMWs, Lexi and Porsches. ...

I LOVE this car. Our family is driving about half of our normal miles in COVID and we have 4 cars for 2 drivers. The lack of driving is actually hurting this car and I'd like to see it go to someone who can use it. The engine and transmission are strong and feel like they could easily go 500,000 miles.

I feel $6,500 is the correct price for this car, given it's condition, rare 6MT and general peak Hondaness. Every Acura loaner I've had since 2009 feels like a complete let down.
I feel ya on all these points...

I've only had my 2007 TSX 6MT since April 2016, so that's 4+ years to your 7, and I love driving this car, but with the pandemic it's hardly getting driven at all, especially since I'm basically the only one in my 4-driver household who really wants to drive with the manual transmission (though one kid is interested in learning, hasn't put in the practice time yet).

I haven't concluded yet that it's time to sell it, but yeah I feel ya. (I already have another stick shift car as a "toy" that gets more use, at least in the summer, a 2000 BMW Z3)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi All,

Thanks for the interest, and for the follow up HRC! I never saw your PM, but see it now and will reply there.

A forum member on the other side of the country was very interested, but logistically it proved to be too difficult. It was quite pleasant talking to another huge fan of the first gen TSX!
A coworker who has admired the car since I got it is interested, but it might be poor timing for him financially. I will be getting a final answer from him later this week.
The car is still available so please shoot a message if you are interested and possibly add to this string so I know to look in my account.

Thanks all!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts