Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought these housings last year because I wanted to use the low-beam HID projectors in a retrofit. I was able to take the projectors out the back of the housings (without baking the housing and removing the front) and now have the housings for sale.

They were shipped to me in OEM Honda boxes, and appear to me that they might actually be new. There is no visible road wear on them at all, and all of the mounting tabs are untouched. When I was taking out one of the projectors (passenger side), I punctured one of the moisture-absorbing salt bags, and it spilled a little of its contents into the housing. There are a few traces of the white stuff left in the area of the amber side reflector, but I didn't really try very hard to remove them..

These units would be a perfect replacement for your housings that are showing a little age and/or roadwear. Again, THESE HOUSINGS DO NOT HAVE THE HID LOW BEAM PROJECTORS IN THEM. I am looking for $60 plus shipping from 98074. I have 100% selling feedback on eBay. If you are interested in these headlights I can provide you with my eBay ID so you can see for yourself. Emails can be directed to twbarrett at gmail dot com. Thanks for your interest.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
chyllintsx said:
is the moisture absorbing salt part of the housing or the projector?
The salt (I'm calling it that because that is what it closely resembles) comes in a white packet that is attached to the inside of the housing with double stick tape.

·
Im Rick James B1tch!!!
345 Posts
What is the shipping to 20879?

Thanks!

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
TWBarrett said:
I bought these housings last year because I wanted to use the low-beam HID projectors in a retrofit. ....
Good Price ! man you should have gotten the JDM one (white sideblinker)
I'd taken them in a heart beat.

Just curious - you dont have a TSX ? what are you retrofitting ?

and finally - how much difficulty in putting the HIDs back in ?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
TWBarrett said:
The salt (I'm calling it that because that is what it closely resembles) comes in a white packet that is attached to the inside of the housing with double stick tape.
so is it completely messed up from ur puncture?....or did u replace it or fix it?.... how much shippin from u to 11366 (NY)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
chyllintsx said:
so is it completely messed up from ur puncture?....or did u replace it or fix it?.... how much shippin from u to 11366 (NY)
You can see in second picture what that housing looks like. I did not fix it or replace it, these are sold as is. Shipping to 11366 is also ~20. The reason there is a little ambiguity in these shipping quotes is that I have found that they rarely charge you the amount you get quoted online. If they charge more, I get burned. If they charge dramatically less, I usually issue a small refund.

robert_tsxgeek said:
Just curious - you dont have a TSX ? what are you retrofitting ?
I drive a 91 MR2. I'm working on a custom low-rise setup that uses OEM HID projectors. The TSX projectors are not only some of the best available, but are one of the smallest. In my project, size is very important, as I am trying to replace an h6054 sealed beam headlight that is so common in older cars.

robert_tsxgeek said:
and finally - how much difficulty in putting the HIDs back in ?
They weren't very hard to take out, so I can't imagine they would be that hard to put back in.

My paypal email is nalanthas at hotmail dot com

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
TWBarrett said:
I drive a 91 MR2. I'm working on a custom low-rise setup that uses OEM HID projectors. The TSX projectors are not only some of the best available, but are one of the smallest. In my project, size is very important, as I am trying to replace an h6054 sealed beam headlight that is so common in older cars.

They weren't very hard to take out, so I can't imagine they would be that hard to put back in.
yeah, sorry bud one last question, to put in other projectors, do you need to reopen the housing, or can u just slip em in through the back door sought of say...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MemphisRheins said:
yeah, sorry bud one last question, to put in other projectors, do you need to reopen the housing, or can u just slip em in through the back door sought of say...
I took the projectors out the back, so you should be able to put them in through the back. When I took the projectors out, I also removed the three screws that hold the projector onto the headlight apparatus. I'm not kidding when I say that these headlights would be a good replacement for your cracked/scratched/pitted/foggy headlights. They aren't, however, a bolt-in replacement. You'll need to take your projectors out and put them in these lights. It took me maybe 10 minutes to take them out, but most of that time was spent oggling at the pretty headlights. :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Sounds good, thanks, post pictures of MR2's new set up when your done! im sure wed all like to see how that turns out

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MemphisRheins said:
Sounds good, thanks, post pictures of MR2's new set up when your done! im sure wed all like to see how that turns out
It'll be a good long while before that project is done. I'm still doing the R&D. I'm a college student, too, so I'll have to find time to work on it between homework and funtime :) Thanks for the interest!

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
damn... can u vaccumm that white stuff out? cuz im prolly gunna open it up n convert to clear corners... cuz i would like to buy... jes dun wanna get a defective thing... u no?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
chyllintsx said:
damn... can u vaccumm that white stuff out? cuz im prolly gunna open it up n convert to clear corners... cuz i would like to buy... jes dun wanna get a defective thing... u no?
If you are going to take the housing apart, I would imagine it would be very easy to get the white stuff out. I mean, its stuck between the outside clear lens and the amber reflector. If you are taking that lens off to remove the reflector, you would have direct access to all of the little granules.

If that is what you would be doing with these lights, I don't think you should consider these housings to be deffective. If I'm wrong here, someone please correct me; I have no idea what it takes to swap to the clear corners on the TSX.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am boxing these up and getting them ready for shipment. I am flying back to Atlanta next monday for the start of my summer semester, so if these aren't bought by then, I will have to have my parents drop ship them to you. I have a couple interested parties that are dealing with me in PMs. The first person to paypal me is the person that I am shipping the lights to.

nalanthas at hotmail dot com for paypal.

Thanks guys.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts