Acura TSX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,092 Posts
What is the Injen Heatshield for?
Is it used even if the intake is installed in full cold air mode?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tsx536 said:
What is the Injen Heatshield for?
Is it used even if the intake is installed in full cold air mode?
It shields about 60% of the filter, to reduce the amount of heat pulled from the engine bay. Basically it only allows cold air from outside of the engine bay to enter the intake. Yes :thumbsup:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
you're not installing it anymore?? :confused:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TSX 'R' US said:
you're not installing it anymore?? :confused:
No, I am not going to be doing any new mods... If all goes to plan, I'll be trading the TSX in on an 05 S2K early next year :D
Joker - who can't take the rattle box anymore :mad:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Joker said:
No, I am not going to be doing any new mods... If all goes to plan, I'll be trading the TSX in on an 05 S2K early next year :D
wha??!!?? been having rattles eh? I'd buy them from ya...but I just wanted the CAI :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Joker said:
My TSX was (and still is a rattlebox). I've taken my car to three Acura dealers to get this addressed. The dealers don't seem to know where the rattling is coming from, although some were coming from the back right door, dashboard, and front passenger side door. Everytime I leave the dealer the rattling will be gone, but will eventually come back. I just learned to live with it, but for how long though...

Like Joker, I've been thinking about trading in my TSX. I've been seriously thinking about getting a Volvo S40 T5 or an Infiniti G35x.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lunner said:
Hi

I am interested in you Injen. Is it hard to install the heatshield?

PLMK
thanks
The CAI heatshield, or the Hondata Heatshield?
The CAI heatshield is very easy to install, as it just fits around the filter. The Hondata heatshield is a bit more involved to install.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agent_Chen said:
My TSX was (and still is a rattlebox). I've taken my car to three Acura dealers to get this addressed.
Mine has been to Acura twice CJ. Once for two weeks, and recently for three. They not only did not fix them, they created more. I have rattles from both the driver side, and passenger side door. The center console, the glove box, the moon roof, and the windshield.
First the TL, and now the TSX (which is worse). I am done with it... :mad: :thumbsdow

·
TsX Newbee
11 Posts
Joker, its sad to hear you might be parting with the TSX. Damn, I wish I would've waited to see your price on the CAI. That is heck of a price. Too bad, I bought one already. Well, now I am scared of the possible rattling issue. So far, I only have 2k miles on it and so far, no rattles...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi

How much shipping will be to NY 10009 be?

My TSX also have rattle coming from my sterring colum but thats after they install the fog light... They replaced the orginal headlight control with a new one that has the fog light control built in. So I hope it is the wiring.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BaBa said:
Joker, its sad to hear you might be parting with the TSX.
I am not very happy either. My 04 TL was built in Ohio, and so I blamed that on the quality issues, not to mention mine came from the first batch made (had not worked out the bugs yet). But my TSX was built in Japan, and the car had been in production there for almost two years when I bought mine.
There is no excuse for this :mad:
Joker - who has had 3 Honda's with no problem's, and great service from Honda's service dept., and thought Acura was a higher standard :(

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Joker said:
UPS came up with some pretty high numbers (on their site), so why don't we just say $20 for shipping.. and I'll eat the rest
:eek: wow!! What a deal!! :thumbsup:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Joker said:
Do you think you can get a bigger sig TRU? :laugh:
I'll see what I can do ;) :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.