Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get my car clayed and was but also need scratches buffed out.

Anyone know of a good place to get it done around the GTA. Price doesn't really matter as long as the person is really good. Closer to Markham would be preferred

Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
I did detail once at Supreme AutoBath and that was awesome. But that was when the original owners were there, there has been a change since then and I haven't gone back - not necessarily the quality went down, I just don't feel as confident that the new lady is as picky with attention to detail as the old husband & wife team. Getting it done at SpeedStar today, so will post you on the results once I pick it up tonight.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well, got the car back from SpeedStar and I'm liking it a lot so far!!
They clay barred it to remove all the road tar and some other roughness they found (wasn't the original plan), polished and waxed it smooth. Removed all soil stains from trunk lining - looks brand new, cleaned the carpets, cleaned and treated the seats - looks and even smells new! It smells so good that my garage is now smelling nice too. :jump:

·
Registered
176 Posts
It was $150 for the basic detail packege + $50 for the high speed polish, and $50 for the clay bar. The only thing they didn't do that Supreme did before was headlight restoration (wet sand, polish) and they also didn't clay bar the chrome trim as apparently some customers don't like chrome clay barred.
I left the car there for the 24 hrs as I had my seized rear LCAs torched off and had alignment to do, but the actual detail work was done in about 3.5 hours.

Edit: once the sun was out, I noticed big circular swirl marks about a foot in diameter. First time ever I see swirl marks on this car. Hmm, perhaps their buffing cloth wasn't clean :(

·
Registered
657 Posts
Ya, where is it? looks good! Not going back to speedstar after they swirl-marked the entire car and rushed the job in 3 hours even though the car was there the whole day.
I think he's in North York, my buddy went to him for a stage 1 detail. Not bad work from what I saw, especially his engine bay - although I think they rushed the end result as there was wax built up in a few jams (not dried but actual liquid) but no big deal.

Serge, I'm taking my car to GTAinDetail before winter. Comes highly recommended as well, let me know if your interested maybe we can work out a deal with him as I've got two other friends requiring some work on some higher end cars. Little far, but I've seen his work...well worth the trip. Text me.

·
Registered
149 Posts
1 - 20 of 76 Posts