Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a set of Function Forms type 1s about 2months ago, and I installed them about 1month ago. They where fine for about 2 weeks then I noticed a knocking noise. It sounded like I didn't tighten the top nuts enough and the strut was moving around knocking on the car body. I removed the tire and re tighten every thing! everything is firm and perfectly installed, and knocking continues. Marcus told me it has happen to some in the past and to contact FF for warranty.
So I did and they gave me two options. 1, they will send me a new oil tube,which I assume is what is inside the strut, and 2, send them my defective strut and they will rebuild it. Neither option is good. I don't know how to rebuild a strut, nor do I feel I should have to. the second option also suck because I need my car and can't have it jacked for a week plus.

What do you guys thing? has anyone had this happen to them?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just bought them too, luckily I checked mine because the guy who installed mine left all my damn locking rings loose and I heard light rattling but I tightened and all is good.

Which strut is it? I say another option is put your OEM set up back in until all is well again Honestly. I did that because I had tien stechs on stock struts and they blew out and my ride was bouncy and rattling. I put the OEM set up back in until my coils came.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
Happens all the time to f2. .. Im sending my front ones back this week. PiA!
Send them a $75 deposit they will send you a temp replacement and then send them yours and they will fix it And send it back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Send them a $75 deposit they will send you a temp replacement and then send them yours and they will fix it And send it back

Sorry, but if you pay all that money and the strut is not good out of the box. They should overnight you the replacement sturt free of charge and be lucky to keep you as a client.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry, but if you pay all that money and the strut is not good out of the box. They should overnight you the replacement sturt free of charge and be lucky to keep you as a client.
Agreed.

After reading some negatives I think I have seen enough to steer clear of any of the FF stuff.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Agreed.

After reading some negatives I think I have seen enough to steer clear of any of the FF stuff.
That and lifetime warranty is the only reason I picked my Koni with GC setup.

·
1,706 Posts
well mine was good out of the box, just hit some huge ass bumps and it got loose... the F2 for the accord are really solid, they are USA made, and i got a good deal, so i went with them... i still love the ride quality and dampening adjustment (i have type 2).
but yeah they should be sending me that damn replacement and not dealing with this sending back bs

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
This just re-enforces what I have stated and fought over with several members over the last several years. FF are not very good coilovers. I'm surprised that Marcus still backs them.

As for the your problem. I can give you a third option. Ask for them to send you a new coilover so that you have no down time with your car, just as a goodwill gesture. Or, you can buy some Buddy Clubs and ask for a refund.

·
1,706 Posts
Well that's what convinced me... His extensive testing in conjunction w f2 while developing these for the tsx. Im just going to ride the f out of mine on the horrible streets of Chicago until. I can afford some zeals

Goodluck op, Lmk what they do for you

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea these are HT spec type ones. My rear coil is knocking when I hit bumps. everything is tight but continues. making my care feel like a cheap piece of shit! FF said they do not have any other options only two. send them my damage coil(Not happing cuz I work and don't have another set to put in) or send the 75 bucks and they will send me a new oil tube, which is bull because Now do I not only have uninstal/ reinstall , Now I have to rebuild the coil, which I have never done. I'm soo pissed why can't they just send me a brand new coil!! I legit had these on 1month and half driving normal, I don't race, drift, auto cross, nothing just go to school n gym.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wish I knew this was a problem In b4 I bought them. I figured Marcus recommended them so no real issues would occur. guess not. at this point I'm just disappointed and sad. I dropped $1100 of my hard earned money to buy my 1st set of coils, I bought full camber kit front and back to insure nothing goes wrong and here I am with a blown strut I guess

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

they told me that they can not do that. on the two options I previously mentioned

·
1,706 Posts
What! They're sending me the whole coilover bc its not a blown strut or an issue w just the oiltube. There is something inside that comes loose... I'll be damned if they want me to rebuild this thing. I'll straight up contact the BBB and a lawyer... F that! This is a very well known problem and they need to be held accountable for it.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
I had the same issue, the strut blew out after only 5k on it. They sent me the strut and I just swapped them out, They actually sent me the wrong strut the first time. I was happy with FF but after I built my other car these coils are not so good.

Just ask them to send you the strut tube and just swap them out. You dont need a spring compressor because you just use the threads on the strut body to decompress the spring all the way. After that just remove the top at and than install the tophat and spring on the new strut body. GL

EDIT: I read this a laughed..

What! They're sending me the whole coilover bc its not a blown strut or an issue w just the oiltube. There is something inside that comes loose... I'll be damned if they want me to rebuild this thing. I'll straight up contact the BBB and a lawyer... F that! This is a very well known problem and they need to be held accountable for it.

Google BBB fraud, corrupt or something similar the BBB is a useless company that does nothing, besides pester companies to pay them to remove bad reviews. When a company says they are BBB certified I just laugh and walk away.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
This just re-enforces what I have stated and fought over with several members over the last several years. FF are not very good coilovers. I'm surprised that Marcus still backs them.

As for the your problem. I can give you a third option. Ask for them to send you a new coilover so that you have no down time with your car, just as a goodwill gesture. Or, you can buy some Buddy Clubs and ask for a refund.
I listened...thank you for letting me know. Happy with Koni with ground controls:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
For anyone looking to get these coilovers, STAY AWAY! I had mine on for about 2 months and the springs started to lose strength. Sh!t quality stuff.

·
1,706 Posts
I've only had good experiences complaining through the BBB.... Have had managers call, follow up gift cards, even been sent letters months down the road... Maybe they just don't take your complaints seriously for some reason toten... Lmk i can help you get your voice heard and taken seriously for once!

Def. Disappointed.in F2 after waiting for these to come out for the TSX specific application and all the r&d HT did... And their accord ones are pretty well built...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts