Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys...I'm new..and so is my car..hehe
but I got this amazingly annoying problem...somewhere in the windshield area...I get a rattling/wire tapping against windshield noise everytime I go over a slightly larger bump (no even that big of a bump) and what's worst, it's flakey, it happens sometimes and not other times...I've brought my car into the dealer 3 times and each time they supposedly "fixed" the problem but I still hear that sound and it's driving me crazy, cause there is NO WAY in my mind that my new car of less then 2-3 months should be making this kinda noise (if I've had it of 100000 km, then fine...but I only got 10,000 km on it)

anyone who can offer any advise/experience will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

PS. my car is a Acura TSX 2004

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the Club bill1clinton :wavey:
This unfortunately is a pretty common problem (that has to do with the seal around the windshield), and is usually taken care of the first time by the dealer. I suggest taking your TSX to another dealer, and hopefully they will get it taken care of for you.
Joker - who likes your user name :thumbsup:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Right.

I would add that sometimes (in fact, not infrequently) it takes them more than one try to get it done. If it was me, I'd bring it back just one more time to the same place, and REALLY get in their face about it, and make sure they fully appreciate that they've failed 3 times and that they have to get their A team on this and REALLY try to be ABSOLUTELY sure its fixed, not just slap some whatever on it and say "good to go."

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya..it's getting annoying...see, they tried replacing the rear view mirror assembly, then the last time, they installed foam into my dash and the passenger side A column...get this; not only that the foam did not correct the problem, it created a new noise when I drive over bumps; a foam squishing noise...boy this pisses me off....thanks for the info guys...if anyone else wishes to reply, please feel free to.

·
Mr. Dan
1,730 Posts
I drove a 5th gen prelude before, and it also had a lot of noise, but i grew accustomed to it, so the noise in the TSX doesn't bother me that much...

Funny thing is, i have experienced all the possible noise that was posted on the web, from the windshield/dashboard, to door speaker, and the moonroof rattle... i never took it to the dealer, but somehow, miraculously, all the noises went away... i guess my advice is wait it out a bit and see...

·
Registered
27 Posts
bill1clinton: did the dealer fix your noise problem(s) original and subsequent? I'm pretty sure I have the same problem with the windshield. The sad part is that when it rains really hard...the noise goes away. just wanted to see if the dealer resolved your problems. and if so, which dealer? (in nyc area?)

·
Registered
9 Posts
The noise aroound the windshield is a common problem. I took mine back to the dealer. They took the windshield out and re-sealed it. Problem fixed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
bill1clinton said:
hey guys...I'm new..and so is my car..hehe
but I got this amazingly annoying problem...somewhere in the windshield area...I get a rattling/wire tapping against windshield noise everytime I go over a slightly larger bump (no even that big of a bump) and what's worst, it's flakey, it happens sometimes and not other times...I've brought my car into the dealer 3 times and each time they supposedly "fixed" the problem but I still hear that sound and it's driving me crazy, cause there is NO WAY in my mind that my new car of less then 2-3 months should be making this kinda noise (if I've had it of 100000 km, then fine...but I only got 10,000 km on it)

anyone who can offer any advise/experience will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

PS. my car is a Acura TSX 2004

hey, i had the same problem when it was dry out, but when it rained, ther wasn't any noise....when it was dry, i would go over bumps that torqued the chassis and i'd get this horrible creaking sound from what appeared to be the driver's side A-pillar.....the dealer "replaced some clips" and "used a special glue" or something to fix it, but that was a crock of BS. i ended up buying Kel pure silicone spray and using the little straw to spray it underneath the rubber windshield molding on the outside, all the way up the left side and about 1/4 the way towards the center of the car. creaks are gone, and i'm happy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts