Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the latest Acura news/rumors suggest that the TSX will be the 1st Acura to get a hybrid option. More recently, it has been suggested that the RL, due in 2012, will also be available as a hybrid instead of a v8 option.

For the past year, Honda/Acura has stated that they are working on a new hybrid system for larger cars (like the RL). So that makes me think that the TSX will get the current IMA system as Acura likes to debut their latest technology in their flagship. Remember, that the IMA system got 28/35 mpg w/ the v6 Accord so I would think that the i4 TSX would get better numbers (unless they pair it w/ the v6 TSX).

So would you be interested in a hybrid TSX? If so, an IMA system available in 1 or 2 years that would probably cost ~$3,000 more & get ~8mpg more? Or would you hold out & see what the ~2012 RL hybrid system is like (guessing a lot more mpg & ability to run on electricity alone) & wait for it to trickle down to the TSX?

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
not interesting to me. I'm not a fan of hybrids for the most part..I'd rather stick with the i4 i got..unless gas gets craaazy expensive..at which point i'm in a car using an alternative form of energy..or my bicycle is cleaned up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts