Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TSX Sold! Hello STi!
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...

Has anyone had any experience with G-Racing (Giovanna) wheels? I think I've finally narrowed down my choices, and I'm considering the G-Racing Seki. In an ideal world, I could afford to get some custom HRE or J-Line wheels made, but spending up to $3k+ on a wheel and tire package is way too rich for my blood. Anyway, my main priority is to get a lightweight wheel. I've seen G-Racing wheels around, but never gave them much thought because I had never really heard anything about them - good or bad. When I looked up the specs on the Seki, they seemed to fit the things I'm looking for...

Glossy black wheel w/ polished lip
18x7.5
5x114.3 bolt pattern
+47mm offset
18.6 lbs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but at $160-190 per wheel, that's pretty cheap for something that weighs so little. Most 18" lightweight wheels start upwards of $300, right? So now I'm skeptical... are the wheels so cheap because the quality sucks? Are the wheels really soft and prone to bending? Any help?

Attachments

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
are you sure they are a division of Giovana? if they are, you have a name brand backing up the quality of the wheel.
Just like ASA (korean made) however, licensed by BBS.

The pricing of those 18" are really good. I'm in the market for rims too, and i know how hard it is to narrow it down.

I personally have no experience with G-racing rims, however, when i went to my friends shop to see rims in person, you can totally tell the difference between $160 rims to $300 rims.

my best guess is that those rims from wheels next are gonna be soft and prone to bending/cracking.

i'm looking at the HP evo racing rims from wheelsnext.com too, but i'm having the same problem with you, are they cheap quality or not.....the saga continues.

·
TSX Sold! Hello STi!
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have the same car LOL...

The wheels are part of the Giovanna line --- I just found out that you can actually buy direct from them at www.gwheelsdirect.com

Choosing a wheel is so difficult... I still have to narrow down the choices from about 6. I think what makes it so difficult is that wheels and tires are expensive, so we all want to make sure we're making a "good" decision... Otherwise, I'd be sporting new shoes on my whip every few months!

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
Hey spyguy..... i am liking the style of HP EVO too....but, i never even heard anything about the HP line......

Do you know any wheels in the same style but with a good brand backing it up?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hp Evo has been around and selling like mad in the US...the only down fall for your rides is that it comes with a +38 offset in all of their line up. I think that offset is too low for your car and it will rub on the fender

·
Registered
223 Posts
Before you buy from any of the retailers online, definately email me what you are interested because I can save you $...I'm direct with many of the retailers out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts