Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since you guys know alot about the k20 i figured I'd get your input on what kinds of gains people get from simple mods on the rsx base. I figure since it revs to about the same as the tsx -- not nearly as high as the rsxs it might be a better comparison in terms of effectiveness of intake/headers/exhaust with the k24. What do you think?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
4,232 Posts
The K20 would be a great engine to mod off of mainly because there's no DBW.

If conventional wisdom of the old Intergra V-Tech vs Integra LS goes, the base model might be a better candidate for boost (turbo/supercharger) simply because the base has a lower compression.

Base compression = 9.8:1
Type S compression = 11.0:1

Base is not good for minor bolt ons though.

The torque between the Base and Type-s is almots the same except it takes 3000 more RPM's for the type-s to get to 140.

Base:
139 lbs.-ft. @ 4000 rpm

155 hp @ 6500 rpm (SAE net Rev 8/04)

Type-S
140 [email protected] 7000 rpm
201 hp @ 7800 rpm (SAE net Rev 8/04)

·
Banned
85 Posts
narci - search nazi- its vtec not V-tech its not a phone :smash:

the base rsx is def a great candidate for boost, na the abs manifold (runner length optimized for more torque output than high end power) coupled with lack of vtec on the exhaust came (intake only), as well as lower compression than the s version make it all the more appropriate for forced induction.

also compared to the tsx motor which not only has true vtec, more aggressive cams, higher compression, larger displacmenet etc. NA mods on the tsx will yield better results dollar for dollar than the base rsx.

that was the quick version i wont bore you with any more unless needed.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
4,232 Posts
rawdizzle said:
narci - search nazi- its vtec not V-tech its not a phone :smash:

the base rsx is def a great candidate for boost, na the abs manifold (runner length optimized for more torque output than high end power) coupled with lack of vtec on the exhaust came (intake only), as well as lower compression than the s version make it all the more appropriate for forced induction.

also compared to the tsx motor which not only has true vtec, more aggressive cams, higher compression, larger displacmenet etc. NA mods on the tsx will yield better results dollar for dollar than the base rsx.

that was the quick version i wont bore you with any more unless needed.
HAHAHAHA geez..to much Baseball I tell you. Everytime the Jays hit a home run they give away a free V-TECH phone hahahahaha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts