Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got rid of my TSX I never cancelled and (rcvd the refund) for the GAP insurance. When I called the selling dealer they told me to go to the dealer that bought back the TSX.

Does anybody know how to sort this out?

Thx

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Short version: Had TSX for 13 months. Went for oil change, dealer left radiator cap - but i found out 250 miles away from home in Gary Indiana (ever heard of it? not the greatest area lol) had to have it towed...after that it was just all fed up so they bought it back....

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depends how you look at it... you could claim that it was part of the downpayemnt... or you coudl claim it was part of the financing (i had bought it...loan of course)

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
Yea, but they usually included that cost into your payment, I dunno, unless you specifically said the down payment was toward the gap insurance, its going to be tough to get that back. Its basically insurance, so if nothing happens then its just money out the door.

Thats why you never buy anything extra from dealers. And some insurance co's have gap insurance covrage in their policies (like mine, USAA). So you can always go through them for the coverage.

What you need to do is look at your sales draft. Was the whole down payment put towards the price of the car, or the whole lum sum?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GAP insurance is always able to be cancelled for a prorated refund. (Even on the Infiniti - I filled out a cancellation form for a refund).

I'm not terribly worried about it, it was $394 - but GAP is something I will ALWAYS buy (my ins. co does not include it, AAA Mich). It is, however, the ONLY extra "protection" I will buy from a dealer... none of that extra crap like paint protection, leather protection, etc

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
Well, it sounds like you just answered your own question. If thats the case, then you shouldnt have any problem with the Acura dealer you bought it from.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol. I know its cancellable, but I don't know where to cancel it at? The selling dealer told me to go to the dealer that bought it back, that dealer told me to go to the dealer that sold it. So I am going in circles.... hoping to figure out which dealer I should actually go to.

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
vp911 said:
lol. I know its cancellable, but I don't know where to cancel it at? The selling dealer told me to go to the dealer that bought it back, that dealer told me to go to the dealer that sold it. So I am going in circles.... hoping to figure out which dealer I should actually go to.
Thats because neither of them want to pay you back :D

Can you call the company that issues the coverage? Maybe they can give you an answer?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, thats my next move. Besides on the Infiniti, the company that issued the coverage sent me a refund directly, so its not the dealers money lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts