Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got my TSX for 3 weeks (sliver 5AT, Nav for 30000 OD, with 3.45% APR). Holly, what a great Car!!!!

I just got one question, what is the average gas consumption of this car?

I add up to 14 gallon and can only run about 280 miles (freeway and local)

I thought it would be at least better than my BMW 330i which has 16 gallon with 320 miles (freeway and local)

BTW, great place for TSXers

1blue1.gif bbbbb5

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Welcome to the club, TSXBMW.:wavey:

The fuel economy on the window stickers for the 2004 models of the TSX. if I remember correctly were the the following:

6MT 22MPG and 29MPG
5AT 23MPG and 32MPG

I am currently averaging 19MPG to 14.7 gallons (270 miles range) in my TSX, usually I get around 24.5MPG or 370 mile range. The best I got was back in July 2003 when I achieved 32MPG and 490 miles!

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Welcome to the club also. I am averageing around 28 in a combined highway/local driving with the mt.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome! I have found that the TSX is EXTREMELY sensitive to driving conditions when it comes to MPG. I have seen swings much greater than any car I've driven. My average is probably about 25-26. My lowest, which has been city driving in very cold weather is about 20-21. However, my best on a trip - all highway, cruise control on was 36! Also, it appears that higher speeds yield higher mileage. When I use local highways with speed limits of 55, I avg around 29 mpg. To get above that, I have to be going over 65. Most vehicles have optimum mileage around 50 mph, but doesn't seem that case with this. Maybe it's the 5 speed transmission?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Welcome TSXBMW :wavey:

I agree with Dr Gong... I get lower gas mileage in city only driving, in the lower 20's and a couple in the teens. And if I do mostly highway driving, I get mid to high 20's. Highest I've ever gotten was ~29.5 and lowest was ~15. I'm overall averaging 25-26.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thx guys.

Well, from where I live to UCLA is always bumper to bumper driving.

:bawling:

·
Registered
58 Posts
its amazing how much gas i waste whenever i floor it. does everyone here only use premium? ive been using that ever since i got my tsx...what are the neg and pos factors if u use regular gas?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
The manual says 91 octane or higher is recommended. When I bought my TSX I used 93 octane gasoline, then I started using 89 octane in Winter 2003 and then used 87 octane for a while, mainly during the summer of 2004. 87 octane works fine, but I found that performance and acceleration was more sluggish....I find that it also lowered my gas mileage a bit.

I am currently using 89 octane and its just as good as premium and my gas mileage is about average.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It appears that I'm getting a little better gas mileage than average on this site. In Ohio, the stations usually go from 89 to either 93 or 94 octane fuel. 91 is rare. Could the higher octane be giving me the better mileage? If so, it may be worth the extra $ to try. I'm lucky in that several stations around me charge the same price for all grades on Saturday & Sunday, so I always go with high octane, of course. It's also a great time to meet all of the other luxury car owners in the area, coming out for a good deal.

·
Registered
47 Posts
For all of my 7200 miles I averaged 28 MPG. Not a lot of highway driving, mostly county/town roads with traffic lights. But I do shift early (most of the time :mardi: )

·
Registered
58 Posts
my total avg on my AT tsx is 22mpg....hmm thats prettly low. however, ive never been on the high way, so i guess that ok :donno:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Joker said:
Just checked, and I am currently averaging 25 MPG (manual). :)
I average about 25-26 MPG...mostly city driving but get 31 MPG on long highway trips doing around 75 MPH (5AT).

·
The Bay State
931 Posts
I haven't checked yet. I figure I drive like I drive and I will pay what I have too. I am curious now however.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Gas Milage has been lousy for me lately, I feel like my right foot is connected directly to the gas gauge, just touch it and it goes all the way down lol...the TSX is very touchy depending on the way u drive it...

N

·
0 Posts
The highway milage was supposed to be 30 for the MT and 31 for the Autogirltique : )

I average 23 miles per gallon driving mostly city and a little highway but I recently took a trip to Vegas which was all highway and the best I got was 26 mpg. Now I had the AC on and was going 75-85 but I don't think anyone but Mother Therese, rest her soul, would bet 30 MPG from a TSX. The thing that bugs me is that I didn't buy the Turbo Subaru because I thought I would be gettinb better gas milage and it hasn't panned out.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have an AT and I do a lot of highway driving. I get about 27mpg to 31 mpg on every fill up. And ususally I get 13.5 to 14 to fill her up. This is with A/C on and average speed is 75 mph. I don't do that much city driving so I'm not complaining. Overall, the TSX is great on mpg the only problem is that it takes super unleaded....arggh =(

1 - 20 of 49 Posts