Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I 've been driving my TSX for 4 months now. From what I read in the magazines or acura's spec., the gas takes around 10l/100km or around 20 mpg.
I know the spec. from the automaker may not entirely true, but I think my car is pretty heavy on the gas. For half a tank (approx. 32l) I only get 210 km, so that's only 10l/70km.
So I wonder if this is the same kind of ratio you guys also got for your TSXs.

Thanks.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
moved to general section. Lets keep front page news for latest tsx news :D

Thank you!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
It depends a lot on your driving conditions, and on how you drive.

Also, the efficiency is lower in the winter. I understand that the different gasoline is a factor -- apparently there are different or additional additives or something, don't really know; supposedly this takes away about 3% of the efficiency. Maybe there are other winter factors involved also, because my efficiency seems to be reduced a bit more than that. Certainly if the ground is wet or whatever, that affects your traction and that's a factor.

Anyway: Lately I've been averaging about 26 MPG, mixed driving.
Before it got cold, I was getting more like 28. But for a lot of long stretches I would average over 30.

When I drive aggressively (which I don't very often -- I'm quite a calm person, you know :D ) , it's a lot less.

But I've never averaged less than about 22.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I must also add that I am a very aggressive driver. This car is very sensitive to aggressiveness when it comes to mileage... much moreso than other cars I've owned.

·
Registered
332 Posts
DDR said:
Hi guys,

I 've been driving my TSX for 4 months now. From what I read in the magazines or acura's spec., the gas takes around 10l/100km or around 20 mpg.
You must be converting to UK gallons. 10L/100km = 23 miles per US gallon.

btw, I get between 9.2L and 10L / 100km, 70% highway, 91 octane, 5AT.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man, from the time I bought this car I never got 10L/100KM. My best is only around 10L/70KM, and that's with the a/c or heater oftenly off. I fill in chevron 92, my car is 5at-seldomly use the tiptronic, and only sometimes beeing aggressive hehe. Eventhough it rains a lot in here, do u think it will affect the mileage that much?
I guess I need to bring the car to the dealer and got it checked huh.
Thanks for your reply.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DDR said:
I only get 210 km, so that's only 10l/70km.
Hi DDR,

I notice that you're driving the auto box version of the TSX. This is definitely a factor.

I've had the manual box version for about nine months now.

I average between 9l/100km and 10l/100km and that's in spite of my driving style rather than because of it.

I do a mix of highway and in-town driving and always accelerate hard and, on the highway, cruise at around 140km/hr fairly consistently.

Your fuel consumption sounds very high to me.

Tim
South Africa

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts

(And they say I'm a drama queen :dunno: ) :D

Just drove Binghamton-Larchmont, 180 miles. The average MPG was 35.2.
This involves some cheating, because goodly parts of the trip are continuous gradual downhill runs. But it's not that much downhill -- the highest elevation is maybe 1800'. And it was with light snow on the road for about half the trip, which cuts down on the efficiency.

35.2!!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Re: Re: Gas efficiency

ZA-Tim said:
I notice that you're driving the auto box version of the TSX. This is definitely a factor.
Yes, but with the TSX, it's the reverse from the norm. The EPA lists the AT as having better mileage because of the taller last gear.

I'm not sure how the MT and AT Accords are geared in your market.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts