Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
your mom goes to college
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys know approximately how many miles you have left until the car dies when the gas light comes on?

-Travis

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
I think it's pretty safe to say you have at least 2 gallons left.
AT LEAST 2 gallons. Probably somewhat more, maybe as much as 3.5 or 4.

That means at least about 40 miles. But my experience is that it's probably at least 60.

P.S. If you have the Nav, the Trip Computer gives you a better idea about this, although still not totally. It tells how many miles you have left, and when the light comes on, the Trip Computer usually says at least 40 miles.
But the thing is, when the Trip Computer hits 0, you STILL have some left -- apparently at least 20.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
I always seem to get gas when the trip computer says 40 miles (light on), and a fill up takes upto 14 gallons at this point

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I notice when it comes on the gas tank has about 4 gallons left (which can go around 90 miles) a little over 13.0 gallons to fill up.

·
your mom goes to college
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats kinda what i estimated...i drive it on empty basically cause im 17 and the insurance kicks my ass..just dont want to push the car to the limit one day

·
Registered
47 Posts
houstontsx said:
...i drive it on empty basically cause im 17 and the insurance kicks my ass..just dont want to push the car to the limit one day
I'm having a hard time understanding this. Are you saying that when you run on empty, the gas costs you less ?

It's really not that good on the car's fuel system to do that.
Why don't you fill it up once (or even half fill it) and then do whatever you do now, which I'm assuming is gettting few dollars worth of gas every so often.

On a side note, if you're having a hard time making the gas payments, perhaps this is not the best car for you. From your sig it looks like you have a few mods, which also costs money. Personally, I'd prefer not having the mods or a less expensive car and be able to enjoy it than having to watch it because I can't pay for gas.

Just my observations. :sadwavey:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Gotta say I think 6speed is totally right.

And not to sound too much like a granddad :D but I think more likely it's that he could find a way to manage his $$ just a wee bit better.
It doesn't cost any more to fill up a little more frequently, it's just a thing of WHEN you spend the money.

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
Yup.

I usually figure in 4 tanks of gas per month (about double what I usually use), and if I can't afford that, I know I'm in trouble and need to rethink my spending patterns.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts