Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I was driving it as I usually do but I notice that, I sorta had some play in the button gears. I’m kinda concern everything shifts into gear perfectly fine. Does this have anything to do with the cables? Or the box itself?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Button gears? Can you be a bit more specific about your vehicle details and what you're experiencing?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2004 manual 6 speed, so basically when I shift down 2nd gear 4th gear 6th and reverse it shifts perfectly fine, but there is play now I can pull it back about an extra inch nearly to my cup holder.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Check your bushings that connect the cables to the trans, then check where the cables mount to the shifter. If those are both fine/no play then you might have some stretched out cables.

If that's the case and you need a set of new cables hit my DM's. I have a BNIB set of shifter cables for our cars sitting in my garage doing nothing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, still watching on my part to come in, to open it up I’ll check those first.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Put on my kTuned shifter it isn’t it, it’s definitely probably the cables are stretched out, waiting for that part to come in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My cables came in today, notice there isn’t any videos up, I’m gonna make a video to help everyone else that has the same issue.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Didn’t get to post any videos, honestly it’s pretty easy, gotta disconnect the center console and disconnect the cables
From inside. In the engine bay is simple take off intake manifold gives you access to the cables and the bushing, if you really want space take the battery out as well. Than take the pins off the bushing pop it out. Take off the bracket that holds both the cables first you can take the cables out easier once it’s out. Now you can pull the rest out if it’s stuck or something push from the inside takes a bit common sense for this job. Got it done within an hour. Hope this helps sorry I didn’t get to record a video.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Put on my kTuned shifter it isn’t it, it’s definitely probably the cables are stretched out, waiting for that part to come in. View attachment 46724
Hey I’m on the verge of buying this setup right now & I want to keep the oem knob & boot. How do you like the ktuned so far? Anything wrong or is it great & I see you have the oem knob which is awesome but what about the boot?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey I’m on the verge of buying this setup right now & I want to keep the oem knob & boot. How do you like the ktuned so far? Anything wrong or is it great & I see you have the oem knob which is awesome but what about the boot?
Everything fits perfect with original boot and all no mods needed, just hidden and performs well! It feel a lot better than oem without a doubt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts