Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm in search of a clear image of someone's 6-speed gear shifter assembly inside the engine bay.

The reason why I'm asking is that I feel like I'm missing a bracket to either support the shifter cables and/or wires around the gear shifter assembly.

TIA

·
Registered
260 Posts
anything in the diagrams below jump out at you? sites like acurapartswarehouse are pretty great for referencing parts.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anything in the diagrams below jump out at you? sites like acurapartswarehouse are pretty great for referencing parts.

View attachment 47902 View attachment 47901
Thanks for replying. To be honest, It's hard to "see" when all of the parts are separate lol. I'll try my best to figure it out unless someone is kind enough to take a picture of their 6-speed transmission

·
-
1,612 Posts
On a related topic, clearly shown in Merlin's pic is a transmission vent.

It's the rubber cap with the extension. Forward of the manual transmission assembly in Merlin's top picture.
It has an arrow and and "F" molded into the top of it.

I never knew our TSX's had a manual transmission vent.
I recognized it instantly because our winter beater (a Honda HRV) has the exact same vent on it's lame CVT transmission.
That vent is critical to be clean and clear on the Honda CVT trans which has a high failure rate.
It is a rubber cap that just pops off.

Thanks Merlin!

Edit: That manual trans vent was filthy and plugged on our TSX, just a few minutes to soak it in solvent to clean it.

Reactions: PleasurePK

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
View attachment 47910 View attachment 47912

Best I could do, but I got both of them. Let me know if you need another angle.
Thank you, Merlin! These photos are perfect and it seems like I'm not missing anything.

My transmission (ASP3) that I just barely swapped in last week felt weird. It didn't want to get out of gear when shifting from 1-2, 2-3, and so on like it felt sticky. After driving it for 300+ miles, it wanted to be normal again lol. Everything is driving smoothly as it should. I am planning to do another transmission fluid change and rebleed the clutch line after 500 miles for peace of mind.

Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On a related topic, clearly shown in Merlin's pic is a transmission vent.

It's the rubber cap with the extension. Forward of the manual transmission assembly in Merlin's top picture.
It has an arrow and and "F" molded into the top of it.

I never knew our TSX's had a manual transmission vent.
I recognized it instantly because our winter beater (a Honda HRV) has the exact same vent on it's lame CVT transmission.
That vent is critical to be clean and clear on the Honda CVT trans which has a high failure rate.
It is a rubber cap that just pops off.

Thanks Merlin!

Edit: That manual trans vent was filthy and plugged on our TSX, just a few minutes to soak it in solvent to clean it.
Never knew it needed to be cleaned out periodically. I guess I'll clean it out because sometimes I use that vent to fill my manual transmission fluid and it works flawlessly. May I ask what kind of solvent did you use to clean it?

·
-
1,612 Posts
Never knew it needed to be cleaned out periodically. I guess I'll clean it out because sometimes I use that vent to fill my manual transmission fluid and it works flawlessly. May I ask what kind of solvent did you use to clean it?

I just used some generic varsol to clean it. Nothing special.
Let it soak for a bit then wipe it and dry it with compressed air or let it air dry.

Using the vent pipe to fill the transmission is interesting. It's a very small opening but the trans doesn't take much fluid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts