Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I put a deposit on a TSX and getting it Wednesday (logistics dictate I wait till then).

I'm getting a NBP/Parchment 5spd Auto w/ NAVI...I had to compromise a little on what I wanted. However, I'm getting a nice deal on it...brand new for $27,000. :)

:birthday: to me! :D

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
That is great news JP! Congrats in advance!!! :D
27K is an awesome deal :thumbsup:
Joker - who is wondering what made you change your mind about the 6 speed?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Joker said:
That is great news JP! Congrats in advance!!! :D
27K is an awesome deal :thumbsup:
Joker - who is wondering what made you change your mind about the 6 speed?
congrats on your purchase, you got a good deal!:)

Joker, I paid $26500 for mines last year and I wish I got a CG TSX 5 AT instead of what I have now.:(

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
2004_Acura_TSX said:
congrats on your purchase, you got a good deal!:)

Joker, I paid $26500 for mines last year and I wish I got a CG TSX 5 AT instead of what I have now.:(
I paid $27K for my 6 speed navy :thumbsup:
Joker - who is also wondering why you would like the auto over the 6 speed as well?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Sweet!! Congrats!! I paid MSRP so you definately got a good deal.

Why did you go for an AT instead of the MT?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Traffic is the mean reason and fuel consumption is another. The AT TSX gets better fuel economy than the MT, but then I don't like shifting in traffic and here traffic is horrible.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks y'all! I had to compromise a little on what I wanted. The 6MT is hard to come by (availability) and I got to thinking I could live without the 6MT. I'm sure there will be times that I wish I had a 6MT, but I think there will be more times where I wish I had the 5AT. Besides I can do the sport shifting to get a manual-style shifting fix...sort of the best of both worlds. Plus, I'm getting old & lazy to be always shift gears and my wife can drive it without scaring the hell out of me when she "tries" to drive the 6MT. Lastly, it will be easier to sale some day with the 5AT.

Another compromise was parchment over ebony but that was a really a toss up either way. I think the heat ebony generates would get old fast during the very hot & humid summers we have here...it will be sitting outside all day while I'm at work.

I did get a good price and NBP. :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Congrats on your Purchase :thumbsup:

I am not sure if the TSX is exactly the same mechanically as the Accord Euro is here in Australia, however we have the option of a Sequential Shift Auto (sports shift), this enables you to drive an Auto like you would normally, however you can also drive it like a manual by physically changing gears ! So basically you get the best of both worlds, if you are in a sporty mood you can shift the gears yourself, otherwise just slap it in auto if you are feeling lazy :)

Here is the basic info: Hunt around this site it shows off the Accord Euro, you can make comparisons between the TSX and the Euro ;)

http://www.honda.com.au/Accord/Euro/Euro/Features/Features.htm

http://www.honda.com.au/showroom1/accordeuro/index.htm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts