Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats going on people. Been lurking here for a few months when i first got interested in a 1st gen TSX. i worked in an audio shop out of high school, and the first time we had a TSX in i fell in love. flawless interior, perfectly proportioned body, and arguably honda's finest 4 cylinder motor. This weekend i made a 4 hour drive to purchase a 2006 6MT NAV carbon grey w/ black interior. one owner, dealer maintained, 85,000 miles. for $12,999 i feel like i got the deal of a lifetime. the car is bone stock, but won't stay like that for long. I've been researching here for a while now, and look forward to learning and contributing to this fantastic community. I have an appointment this weekend to get the car tinted w/ 35% all around, with a 20% front strip on the top of the windshield. 3m matte black vinyl on order from amazon to cover that gawdy chrome trim. once my bank account gets healthier again (i bought the car cash) i plan to go with a hondata reflash and CT icebox. from there, maybe a header (that PLM looks great) and see how i feel. for now, i am loving the 36 MPG average and upscale interior. thanks for all the information available here, i knew exactly what to check when i went to check the car out.

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
Welcome!! Love the fact that you have done your research:+1: Not that we(tsxclub members) mind helping, but I'm sure you found the same question asked a dozen times during your research. So jealous of all you Nav\6MT guys. Enjoy and look forward to your updates :cheers:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pics as requested. first weekend to work on the car! went to my old shop i used to manage and had the windows tinted @ 35%. black interior makes it look much darker, i never had a problem with police on all my other cars which all 35% all around, but this one looks more like 20%. probably going to get a few tickets. nice day out today so i went ahead and debadged her. Dat ass... already gotten lots of compliments on the car, that CGP looks great on an overcast day. Next weekend is going to be install a JBL MS-8 to clean up the audio, got some LEDs on the way to replace the dirty white door/map lights, and also some 3M di noc carbon fiber vinyl to put on the center console doors/cupholders/door trim/etc... getting an estimate to paint the chrome grill trim in CGP as well, so that might be done next week too. considering painting the chrome door trim in black... not sure which way ill go. I love this car!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
future projects (long term)

Install Nexus 7 (32GB) tablet below NAV for music/video/etc...
DIY backup cam w/ OE honda camera
lower (still researching what parts to go with)
brakes (definitely the cars weakest spot)
Hondata reflash
I/H/E, thinking of doing SI mufflers w/ 2.5 dual piping.
wheels (leaning towards 18" TSW nurburgring in gunmetal) looks great on 978snb's 05

·
David Path
1,650 Posts
Nice find, no that's a great find. If you're looking for that type of wheel style, can I recommend the enkei rajin, same style as the tsw, but in my opinion the enkei has more of a concave look to it!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
been busy today! i ordered some brushed black 3M vinyl and some Dinoc Carbon fiber vinyl to get the interior looking a bit sharper. unfortunately the 12"x60" brushed black has the pattern going width not length so didn't have wide enough pieces to do the console in that finish, so i had to go with the CF. the brushed black will be all the black plastic on the doors. on to the pics! install was pretty simple, the 3M stuff is really easy to work with, just time consuming. took about 3 hours to remove, wrap, and reinstall. all in all i am very happy how it all came out. i am a real detail orientated person so i did my best to get the pattern to line up across panels, and really focused on getting the metal look buttons trimmed out just right. all in all i am pretty proud of my handiwork with a exacto knife and a hair dryer.

here is the 3m brushed black for reference.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
got the new Google Nexus 5, takes some decent pics. really digging how the carbon grey pearl looks different colors depending on the sun, never knew the pearl could make such a difference. i really need to drop it, that fender gap really bugs me. my last 2 cars were lowered, been a while since i had a car at stock height.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.