Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Try using a clay bar on it. Take your time- it may take awhile. If it's really bad then I use a glass polisher.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
i use this stuff for ONLY on windows.

Danny, how do you like the DP stuff?

I hear vinegar will work on mild water spots and I think claybar would be a good choice too. Just make sure you spray alot and fold the claybar alot so you don't scratch the glass.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
i use this stuff for ONLY on windows.

Danny, how do you like the DP stuff?

I hear vinegar will work on mild water spots and I think claybar would be a good choice too. Just make sure you spray alot and fold the claybar alot so you don't scratch the glass.
Would the clay bar scratch up the glass? Since it is a abrasive substance.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Clay bar won't scratch as long as its clean. Use glass scrub on a buffer. You can find it at autozone or parts places then use a sealant over it and then rain x

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
Would the clay bar scratch up the glass? Since it is a abrasive substance.
I haven't personally tried clay bar on the glass, but my point was if you do, make sure you spray alot of detailer/claybar spray and make sure you mash up the clay bar and reform it often. When you claybar, you're supposed to let it glide over the surface and its not really a scrub.

maybe i'll try it on my daily first and let you guys know the results :)

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
I had severe water spot issues that lead me to do a glass claim through insurance.. of course after a few month the problem is back again. I tried numerous clays, non of them work well, even the special "glass clay"

I was recommended duragloss - glass water spot remover.. did not work well also
Glass Water Spot Remover)

the only thing that made a better difference was ceriglass, its made using Cerium Oxide which is what a lot of professional glass restorer uses.. you can google it.

This is very visible at night. My car using my hand to polish the glass with ceriglass - I did driver side, you can see the big difference. I'm going to use a orbiter polisher with ceriglass tomorrow.

CarPro Ceriglass Glass Polish, windshield polish, water spot remover

- My car with various internet suggestions, lemon acid, strong vinegar, clay, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts