Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to figure out how those of you who are low and flush are able to clear the rear bumper-fender tab?
What did you do to get it out of the way? I know a stretches tire would work, but I'm sittin on newish 225/40/18, +38. Wearing away my tire and fender if I go any lower.
Any tips?

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have an ingalls camber kit, but I'm trying to avoid drastic stance, cuz then I need to get someone to align the "TOE" for me -> $110.
Is that the only way? I was hoping someone was able to bend it or pull it somehow?

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
Get a heat gun and bend the tab upwards towards the fender. If that still doesn't clear, shave off the tab

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Then how do you attach the bumper tip to the fender?

My problem:

You can see the bumper is shaved off below - not a big deal. But right where the fender, bumper be liner meet at the tab is the problem.
Anyone have pics of their fix? Clarification?

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't think my toe would go just lowering? Maybe on install.
You guys just zip tie them?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
My car whines
637 Posts
yea changing camber will directly affect toe as well. what width rims are you running and how low are you?

·
Premium Member
699 Posts

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea changing camber will directly affect toe as well. what width rims are you running and how low are you?
18x8, should have stretched 215s instead of using 225s. Had to remove my 10mm spacers and extended studs. Just clears with a bit of a pull.

DIY bumper tab relocated - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Some do this bumper tab relocation. I might do this if I continue to rub.
This is perfect. I'll probably be able to put the spacers back in with this. Probably have to trim the fender liner too then.

·
Registered
390 Posts
18x8, should have stretched 215s instead of using 225s. Had to remove my 10mm spacers and extended studs. Just clears with a bit of a pull.
Ha no. This is not what you SHOULD do. If you want to stretch tires then go for it, but this is not how to fix your problem.

And yes, lowering your car will alter your toe. You need an alignment, or you'll be buying new tires in 60 days.

Shave or relocate the tab. Is what you SHOULD do.

·
My car whines
637 Posts
Hmm I test fitted my rims and it didn't look like the rear tab was an issue. I'm running 18x8 +35 with 225/40/18 tires. I'm only dropped to 1-1.5 finger gap though

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Greyout you're right. But then I guess I was using stretch a bit drastically. I don't think 215 on an 8" is really much of a stretch. Maybe a small angle on the side wall, just enough to get away from the fender. Anyways, not an option any time soon as my tires are new.

Hmm I test fitted my rims and it didn't look like the rear tab was an issue. I'm running 18x8 +35 with 225/40/18 tires. I'm only dropped to 1-1.5 finger gap though
I'm usually fine at that height WITHOUT a 10mm spacer. But I'm trying tucked right now. Had to take it out.
My new problem is rubbing my fronts on turns lol. Don't really want to flare out my fenders there

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
You're rubbing in the fronts with 18x8 +38 on 225/40s? It's most likely the fender liner inside, you might just need to cut portion of it out so your tire doesn't hit it.. Unless you don't have front camber arms done.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You're rubbing in the fronts with 18x8 +38 on 225/40s? It's most likely the fender liner inside, you might just need to cut portion of it out so your tire doesn't hit it.. Unless you don't have front camber arms done.
I have a 3mm spacer in the front to clear the calipers.
It's not the liner, it's the actual flat part of my tire rubbing the bottom edge of my metal fender on full turns, or turns over bumps. Sitting pretty low.

·
Registered
390 Posts
You're rubbing in the fronts with 18x8 +38 on 225/40s?
I was just wondering this - man you must be slammed! If you're rubbing on the inside that is. With those wheel and tire specs, the inside surface of the wheel & tire is not much closer to the inner fender then the stock wheel and tire!

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was just wondering this - man you must be slammed! If you're rubbing on the inside that is. With those wheel and tire specs, the inside surface of the wheel & tire is not much closer to the inner fender then the stock wheel and tire!
This is with 10mm spacers rear and 3mm front.
Rears are clear without spacers. Fronts only rub on turns. They're fine driving straight. I think to fix that is flare out the fender at the top a bit more. But not sure I want to do that. (No front camber arms)
I still have adjusted the rear ingalls from my last alignment bc I didn't want to mess with the specs. I was under the impression they would just stay the same except for camber. Didn't realize toe changes only by lowering :(.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not nearly as much camber (by design), but the TSX is not without bump steer.

I can understand rubbing in the rear, but are you SURE its rubbing on the INSIDE of the wheel, not the outside, in the front?
I think we're having a conceptual problem lol. I didn't think it was possible to rub the outside of the fender with the tire, as the wheel is mounted on the inside! Man would I be having problems!!
But I think I understand what you are asking. I'm rubbing the metal of the fender right at the edge (ONLY on turns).
Better yet, I will take a pic in a few mins.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.