Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
This is a TERRIFIC article. Didn't exactly read the whole thing, because some of it's pretty heavy and it takes some work. But there's a lot of great stuff in there.

Like, what octane ratings are really about.
And, that alcohol raises octane ratings. (I mean having it in the gasoline, not drinking it.) :D
And that in cold weather you have a good chance to get away with using lower grades of gasoline.

Great get, Saz!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I already knew much of this, but great article! Now I understand how they figure out octane ratings. Now I can don't have to worry about putting regular into my TSX. I usually put in 89 mid-grade, but I will use 87 regular.

Cool, Saz!:cool:

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
hahhaa....u keep ur mouth shut but i know what u means by that KIT

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
larchmont said:
This is a TERRIFIC article. Didn't exactly read the whole thing, because some of it's pretty heavy and it takes some work. But there's a lot of great stuff in there.

Like, what octane ratings are really about.
And, that alcohol raises octane ratings. (I mean having it in the gasoline, not drinking it.) :D
And that in cold weather you have a good chance to get away with using lower grades of gasoline.

Great get, Saz!
I knew this in Chinese version long time ago... just couldn't translate myself and couldn't find a good english article... :(

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
SAZABI said:
I knew this in Chinese version long time ago... just couldn't translate myself and couldn't find a good english article... :(
So......does that mean it's really true that the East (i.e. Far East) is way ahead of the West?

Maybe we should all try acupuncture and herbs. :D

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
larchmont said:
So......does that mean it's really true that the East (i.e. Far East) is way ahead of the West?

Maybe we should all try acupuncture and herbs. :D
for something... yes... like modification... usually happen in asia 1st, then it gets popular in N. America 1 or 2 years later...

IMO, not that the people in NA don't know shit... just that words are not spread, and limited number of people really has the knowledge. Also, there are more stubborn people in NA... just what I feel, don't flame.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
SAZABI said:
for something... yes... like modification... usually happen in asia 1st, then it gets popular in N. America 1 or 2 years later....
Kinda like U.S. and Canada, right? :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts