Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for my first car, and really like the 1st gen tsx's. Almost all early models that I have found are inexpensive but have 125k+ miles which is way too much. I did find one on craigslist thought that looks like a good deal.

Acura TSX 2004 Navigation

It has a rebuilt title, but he said he was only hit in the front left side and there was no engine/tranny damage.

What do you guys think? Also any other cars I can look at for under $12500???

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am looking for my first car, and really like the 1st gen tsx's. Almost all early models that I have found are inexpensive but have 125k+ miles which is way too much. I did find one on craigslist thought that looks like a good deal.

Acura TSX 2004 Navigation

It has a rebuilt title, but he said he was only hit in the front left side and there was no engine/tranny damage.

What do you guys think? Also any other cars I can look at for under $12500???
As we have discussed in another recent thread, I would advise against looking for or considering a TSX with a salvage title. 125,000 miles is nothing on a Honda, and high mileage TSX is still reliable as long as it was properly taken care of... I certainly would rather have a slightly higher mileage one than one with a salvage title

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
I'd figure out what happened with the car first and see what they repaired and stuff. If you know you're keeping the car and driving it to the ground or modding it insanely then it's fine. If the frame was hit or damaged then i'd forget it.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Now there's nothing wrong with going for an 04, they did have some issues but are great cars nonetheless. However, with the salvage title, I'd recommend looking for another one.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree with everyone above. I'm in the market for a Acura TSX 1st gen as well. It will be my first financed car but I'm def staying away of any car that has a salvaged title. I would be scared that it has frame damage or drives unnormal to a non salvaged vehicle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.