Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer is asking 15,900 for an 06 TSX with 63,000 miles, well-maintained, one owner, clean car fax, I'm kind of clueless w/ used cars and need some opinions.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
I paid $14000 for my 06 6MT w/Navi Royal blue pearl (apparently rare color?) with ebony interior all dealer serviced 1 owner all records available, new tires, 1 year old battery with 62000 miles back in the end of January.

Hope that helps, mine was a private sale though.

·
God
120 Posts
Seems liek a decent price. I'm from NJ, I paid $17 for a 06, MT, BLK/BLK, Navi, with only 40k. They advertised $20,900. Check bluebook for your zip. Don't be afraid to be aggressive...they are your enemy not your friend. They only want your money haha.

·
God
120 Posts
I paid $14000 for my 06 6MT w/Navi Royal blue pearl (apparently rare color?) with ebony interior all dealer serviced 1 owner all records available, new tires, 1 year old battery with 62000 miles back in the end of January.

Hope that helps, mine was a private sale though.
Good job on the deal!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems liek a decent price. I'm from NJ, I paid $17 for a 06, MT, BLK/BLK, Navi, with only 40k. They advertised $20,900. Check bluebook for your zip. Don't be afraid to be aggressive...they are your enemy not your friend. They only want your money haha.
haha yah I need to haggle down the price for sure, wish I could find some deals like the ones I see above :banghead: so far I've been looking on CraigsList, cars.com, auto trader, ect... any better ideas??

·
God
120 Posts
Google Acura dealers and adjust the distance on the search accordingly. Search on the used section for each dealers website.

Patience is key. Don't get too amped up or excited and overpay. I've learned from this in the past! :deal:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Used cars are like snowflakes - no two are alike. That being said, I bought my 06 CGP 5AT with no navi for $12k with 48,000 on the odometer. Needs two tires and some scratches to be fixed, but all dealer serviced and clean carfax. NADA retail is $17500!

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
Judging by your name, would you happen to live in Lawrence, KS? I used to live there and visit at least 10 times a year or more. What dealership is it at? I used to work at a few in town and can tell you who to go to and where to stay away from. I know the other side of sales and that's service, some dealerships don't do things they should to used cars.

·
Registered
379 Posts
just got a black on black 06 no navi, one owner, no accident CLEAN 42k for $12,000 private sale.Gotta keep your eye out for one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For reference, last week paid $14600 for 2006 Silver w/NAV has 66K miles. Private seller. Needed an alignment, power steering flush, and an oil change all costing about 200$ at the shop i go to, and changed the cabin air filter myself. Also body is in OK shape some scrapes and small nicks here and there but nothing major that cant be cleaned up by professional detail. Recieved car interior pretty dirty but it cleaned up VERY nice. Also car has K&N intake, Apexi exhaust(for sale), and TL type s wheels with new tires and year old breaks lowered on tien h-techs.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just be careful and bring a mechanic with you to inspect the car. When I purchased my 06 white TSX w/navi, BT, and black interior, I noticed that the front bumper is OEM Aftermarket. Seems like they repainted the whole side of the car, and my mechanic check my car and said the front radiator is aftermarket, not oem. Also my rear license plate is all bent guessing from an accident.

I asked of the Carfax and the car fax shows on there, 1 owner only, clean title and no accident history. Its either the used dealership or previous owner that fixed the car without doing insurance. I kinda regret picking this one up, only reason why I wanted so bad cause it was PWP with black interior.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts