Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
From RSX to TSX.
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I need to paint my OEM Acura Silver Star wheels due to theming peeling on them. I'm not going to be painting them myself so I called a local shop and they said they would paint all four for $320. Seems a little pricey to me. I'm going to say throw in the brake calipers too and we have a deal. Is that fair? They said they would need my TSX for 2 days. One to paint and one to dry. Is that accurate? That'll mean I'll need to rent a car for a day or two.

As for color, I'm so torn! I'm trying to get a nice blend of classy and sporty/aggressive. My TSX is NBP. Not sure whether to go a) with color matching the stock color b) go darker with a gunmetal gray c) go lighter with a more silver/white color.

And for the brake calipers, I'm going to either match the calipers to the new wheel colors or paint them black. Suggestions? Pics?

Decisions decisions....

·
Banned
269 Posts
Hey guys,

I need to paint my OEM Acura Silver Star wheels due to theming peeling on them. I'm not going to be painting them myself so I called a local shop and they said they would paint all four for $320. Seems a little pricey to me. I'm going to say throw in the brake calipers too and we have a deal. Is that fair? They said they would need my TSX for 2 days. One to paint and one to dry. Is that accurate? That'll mean I'll need to rent a car for a day or two.

As for color, I'm so torn! I'm trying to get a nice blend of classy and sporty/aggressive. My TSX is NBP. Not sure whether to go a) with color matching the stock color b) go darker with a gunmetal gray c) go lighter with a more silver/white color
And for the brake calipers, I'm going to either match the calipers to the new wheel colors or paint them black. Suggestions? Pics?

Decisions decisions....

Bro plasti dip spray it yourself! I paid $45 bucks to do everything on my own and it came out amazing!:ben:

·
From RSX to TSX.
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahaha, I wish I was in Cali! Im in FLA though so I don't think that'll work.

What about that price though?

$80 a wheel? Is that good? Think they'll throw in the calipers?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I doubt it. I have lost all faith in body shops in FL.

Where in FL are you?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
From RSX to TSX.
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in the dirty Duval county with you. The place is on Beach Boulevard and its called Platinum Sound. $320 sounds steep but if he threw in the brake calipers I think that would be fair.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Lets meet up and talk. I really could use the work and I will do it cheaper. I have painted four sets of wheels at this point including mine. You pick the color and ill make it happen.

EDIT: why would you have a place called "Platinum Sound" perform a PAINT job? Deck install....maybe, but not paint.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Not to mention, I would have a one day turn around. Keeping your car that long is a joke.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I painted 4 Pearl Carbon gray for 100$ all 4 (clear coat included) . I've contacted rim shops. they quoted me straightening and resurfacing + paint = 135 $ a wheel.

take screen shot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts