Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I have a 04 tsx with 165k miles and I drive 120 miles a day, its in need of new front shocks, they're rattling and shaking over bumps, its time to replace them, whats my best option and from whom do I order them? Bilstein??

·
ridiculously good looking
646 Posts
I am planning to replace mine with Koni when my stock shocks eventually go out, I think the perches are adjustable so maybe you could "lower" your car a little. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you purchase the perchs separately?

·
pedal damn it
2,900 Posts
The perches are part of the shocks. They're basically those circular grooves on the shock itself.

Nowadays most konis come with 2-3 perches. My older SP3's have 5 perches.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Pro Am parts proamauto.com has the Bilstein in stock now for the TSX! Call John 1-800-847-5712 They took five months to get from Germany.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how do the front connect into the lower perch? you know the upside down U looking thing the strut slides into that goes over the cv shaft, or is that part of the strut? Im worried about that piece being seized to the strut

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
however I cant seem to find it for sale anywhere or find a picture of it, except for the coilovers, I noticed on those its all one piece...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts