Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Congrats, you did what I want. Hopefully one day I'll get one as well.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Congrats!! They are awesome cars. I showed the TSX at a local show in jacksonville fl and scion had the first two off the boat there for people to look at. I havent had a chance to drive one yet but im sure they are fun.

With that boxter engine im sure aftermarket parts will be up and going in no time.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
If it came w four doors it would be a rx8 and it would suck lol

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
Nice pickup. Is it just me or does it seem like Subaru's not really pushing the marketing for the BRZ? All the commercials I see on TV are for the Scion FRS.

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
Congrats, awesome car. I really want to get this car, but don't want anymore monthly payments...maybe after college haha

Keep us updated when you mod it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
is it the same as the scion? Or is the subi AWD? That flat 4 being a new design would scare me a little, but hopefully they dont have any problems with it. Im sure they did a ton of testing and beating on the motor before production

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
Very nice. Hope the red doesn't fade though. Brz has perfect seating position and a blast to drive in the twisties. If only they had useable seats in the rear! Great weekend toy though hands down! Congrats!

·
VBP CREW
232 Posts
rather have subaru badge than scion. good pick! :)
i was going to say it looks soooooo much like the scion fr-S
if im not mistaken toyota is also releasing it as a gt-86?

from my understanding they're not going to release a turbo model in the states?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
rx8 made by Subaru?? :scratch: :jeffy:
Wow did you have to google that one??

The mazda rx8 had four doors, similar body style and it sucked. Get it now?

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
I've heard the motor is a direct fit for an older model wrx turbo kit, apparently a cheap kit that makes good power. They made it bolt up to this new car. Sounds like a manufacturer thinking logically for sales potiential. Nice buy! I haven't seen any local to md besides the scion model. Brz and the new 86 are all the same platform rebadged.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Aloha Army
11,711 Posts
I went to look at one to buy one but too many negative points for me to buy it.
-Unusable rear seats
-BRZ and FRS are exactly the same. No distinction other than badging.
-First model year.... Will wait for an STI version

·
Registered
856 Posts
-BRZ and FRS are exactly the same. No distinction other than badging.
Except that the BRZ raped it when put through the ringer on a track.

Anyway, there are already turbo kits for it, running 4-8lbs of boost (high compression motor). Plenty of talk of releasing a turbo STI model, no doubt it will come.

And, if you get a FR-S, just slap some Toyota badges on it and it'll be clean as hell. Very, very similar cars and if you're going to mod it, it really doesn't matter how the factory equipment performs.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts