Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attempted to lock my FP to my CU2 6 speed TSX today, and it throws an error.

The error is: 37805-rl5-a120.

The software states that there is an unknown calibration on the ecu currently, what is the correct path to take on this? I want to make sure that everything is acceptable before I take the car to the dyno so that it is not strapped down and then the ecu is not tunable.

Thank you for any assistance.

·
-
1,695 Posts
While I'm not familiar with FlashPro, I have owned & used numerous other OBDII programmers on other vehicles.

Normally that message means that the current firmware (program) in FlashPro software does not support the firmware currently in the ECU.
Usually this is because the ECU has recently been reflashed with a newer OEM flash from the dealer or another programmer.
Usually updating the software in the programmer will correct this issue. Then the latest software in the programmer will then recognize the newer firmware in the ECU, confirm everything is ok & then allow you to continue.

Has your TSX recently been reflashed by the dealer with the latest Honda firmware?

Is your FlashPro running the latest version of program from Hondata?

I saw that you posted the same question on the Hondata forum. That's an excellent idea & I look forward to their response.

Hondata • View topic - Issues locking FP to 09 TSX

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My ECU does have the newest firmware from Acura, I think from about 5 or 6 months ago? The hondata did just update, however the error continues. I have just updated that thread that you noted with the error. Let's see what happens.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was a fast response, and the issue was: I needed to install beta version of code for 09-10 tsx support.

It is now locked to my ecu, and tomorrow I will setup a tuning appointment with the dyno shop next week. Soon we will have more than stock, stock, and supercharged maps available.

:)

·
-
1,695 Posts
Glad you've got the FlashPro issue resolved.
The reason for the issue makes logical sense.

The next question is will a custom FlashPro tune add any power to a mildly modified 2009+ TSX?
Don't forget that the 2009+ ECU OEM firmware had the Vtec changeover point optimized unlike the 2004-08 TSX.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the vtec point is still way too high at like 6k or whatever it's set to.

I have been considering picking up a zdx throttle body also so that when I get it tuned, I could get it tuned for the intake and rv6 pcd, and then after that tune is done throw on the zdx tb and have that tweaked.

At this point unless kraftwerks releases their civic si SC and it "should" fit the 09 tsx, I'll probably just slap the CT E supercharger on it, have the housing ported, with the IMT throttle body adapter and run it like that for a year or two then go for the after cooler.

I'd really like to turbo, so I'm waiting this one out just a bit before I jump into something that I may have rushed into and end up being bummed out in the end. I know full race has a kit, and it looks awesome, but for DD, I think the CT E might be the way to go.

·
-
1,695 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts