1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Florida
2,725 Posts
You could get all that from Harbor Freight for under a 1k....

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
Snap on is my best friend.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
It depends on tool. There are some tools that a craftsman is perfectly fine and will do job time and time again. Then there are tools that snap-on makes that have a bit more engineering and thought put in the design that makes them worth it.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
It depends on tool. There are some tools that a craftsman is perfectly fine and will do job time and time again. Then there are tools that snap-on makes that have a bit more engineering and thought put in the design that makes them worth it.
+1 on this. That tool set is cool if you're a mechanic who works every day of the week, but honestly over half of that set can be bought as a Craftsman alternative and it will work for the weekend DIY guys just fine.

Do you really need a Snap-on branded oil filter wrench, wire brush, tape measure, or hammer? Probably not.

Tools such as the trim removers and clip poppers I'd buy from Snap-on. Everything else, ehh.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
I'd get MasterCraft from CanadianTire here in Canada anyday over Snap-On. Less then half the price with lifetime warranty on the tools itself.

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think aside from the Torque wrench i would buy everything else from Craftsman. I was reading up on Craftsman and alot of people felt they were cheap now that they're a Sears brand.

·
2,725 Posts
i think aside from the Torque wrench i would buy everything else from Craftsman. I was reading up on Craftsman and alot of people felt they were cheap now that they're a Sears brand.
Haven't they always been a Sears brand?

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Idk. I've had a basic $60 craftsman mechanic set which hasn't failed me yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Very true, there's just some things that a craftsman tool cannot do/handle

·
2,725 Posts
Idk. I've had a basic $60 craftsman mechanic set which hasn't failed me yet.
Me as well. I have had it for close to 8 years! I picked it up when I started my job at Tires Plus back in my College days.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
We drive Acura aka Reliable not FORD (Fix of Repair Daily) J/K

I barely work on my car....but wish I had these tools though

·
, Regional Meet Leader, San Diego,CA
627 Posts
Does snap-on still replace a tool if it breaks for free???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts