Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a car to be "Acura Certified" does that mean neccessarily that it's never been salveged or in an accident etc.?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
I think it's because it's still under the factory warranty... but dont' quote me on that...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Its means the car has been through a 150 point inspection and has an extended warranty of 12 months or 12,000 miles, plus its covered unrder a 7 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Oh and I believe they can give you a carfax report on the Acuras that are certified, but the Acura Certified Preowned are 2000 to current models.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Manufacturer 'certified' used cars typically are limited to 3-4 years old and <50,000 miles, though that varies by manufacturer.

It may have been in a minor accident, though that is highly unlikely. The manufacturers typically try to keep strict quality control over their certified cars, because they want people to trust the idea of certification. They will only choose their best trade-ins and off-leases to certify and resell at a premium over non-certified cars.

It will not have been salvaged under any circumstances, because all cars that are totalled by insurance (even by flood or fire) are required to carry a permanent 'SALVAGE' title indicating this. No American insurance company will give more than liability coverage to a car with a salvage title... so no company-affiliated dealer will sell one.

Carfax will definitely flag a salvage title or even most accident reports. I think it's $25 for a 30-day unlimited subscription, meaning you can research the VIN of as many cars as you want in that time frame. Well worth it if you're shopping used.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts