Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
San Ramon TSX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my black/black today. No navigation -- wasn't worth it and it messes up the console layout. The car looks great in black and I'm intending on tinting the windows soon.

·
The One and Only
210 Posts
nice nice~!~!~!

if your getting tint... get thet silvertic tint.. look much better on fat-looking car

·
Registered
97 Posts
sweet! pix?

·
San Ramon TSX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tinting

silvertic tint? is that sort of a mirrored tint? guess either that or a percentage black. does anyone know what the laws are regarding how dark the tint can be? something like only 25% front and 60% in back...

i'll get pics as soon as we get some sun here.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
454 Posts
cali laws are odd... i know in ohio no more then 50%
but i'm at 15% in the back 2 windows and rear and 35% in the front two.. don't do what i did
keep it all one percentage

but black on black looks really nice for tint.. thas what i have on my accord

i can post a pic if you want :D

congrats on the purchase... i'm JEALOUS ;)

·
San Ramon TSX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pics

sure, post a pic of your accord with tint. I'd say email it but my settings prohibit people from emailing me and I'm not sure how to change that...

I'm also looking to get the hand-free cell phone kit that Acura is supposed to be offering by next model year.

·
San Ramon TSX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pic & first day observations

here is the car. after only a day I'm very happy with this car. It feels very solid, handles great, it has plenty of power... the only gripe I have is the placement of the cupholders. Gotten three compliments already :) Going out now to attach my Syracuse basketball national championship license plate frame and for a little drive.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
ahhh beautiful...one question...why the face mask? lol...looks a lot cleener w/o it

·
San Ramon TSX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nose mask

well, my commute is 30 miles each way so I want to keep it looking good. it's pretty easy to take off though. the dealer said to take it off in the rain -- strange...

another think I like is the blue interior lighting, way cool.

·
San Ramon TSX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tinting

thanks for the pic!

I decided to skip tinting -- for now. I found out Cali laws prohibit any tinting in the front windows (although I see a lot of cars with it anyways) and, like you said, I don't like how it looks with different shades between front/back. I'm looking into blue interior accent lighting to go with the already blue interior lighting it has stock.

G

·
Re: nose mask

elgage said:
well, my commute is 30 miles each way so I want to keep it looking good. it's pretty easy to take off though. the dealer said to take it off in the rain -- strange...

another think I like is the blue interior lighting, way cool.
Nose guards have a tedency to collect water underneath it and after a period of time, it will actually harm the paint. This is probably why the dealer told you to remove it in the rain.

·
San Ramon TSX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
noseguard

yes exactly. even after about a week I notices a lot of dirt and water when I took the nose guard off. I don't want to deal with taking it on and off every other day so I just removed it. If I take a long road trip sometimes, maybe I'll attach it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts