, Regional Meet Leader, Florida
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
RB Performance Brakes
GoodRidge Lines
Special Order Blue​
HT-Spec​

Ah, where do I even start?

These were brand new, and never installed; just open to take pictures. I have wanted a BBK for a while, and let's just say the price was right... The blue was a nice factor as well! Now let's get to good stuff..

When I opened these up I could not believe how sexy, soft and amazing these thing looked. I have looked at soo many pictures of BBKs, but never held one in my hand, or called one mine. The caliper was Massive, the 13" rotor was perfectly cut and painted; I was in Haven with a mild stiffy!

Install was pretty simple and straight forward. If you can take your tire off, you can put this kit on. If I would of had all the right tools before beginning this task I would of been done in a matter or an hour or two. I had to get a new allen wrench, as well at a pair of vise grips. Taking off the oem brakes lines are a little more challenging then suspected. I striped one of the nuts, and had to use the vise grips to get her lose and tighten it back up. But overall, I would say a mild install to say the least.

I bleed the brakes with all new fluid witch I will be upgrading to Motul RBF 600 next month. I wasn't aware it needed to be ordered and couldn't be picked up at Advance Auto Parts. I start my car, put my foot on the brake and instantly felt how firm, and sturdy the pedal is. I was hooked, and turned on before I even drove that car.

I pull out the paper work so I can bed the system properly and I was on my way. I used my E-Brake, with a little brake up front to make sure everything was a go. I pulled out, and took her from 40 to 25 with mild braking 6 times. Next I took her from 60 to 40 braking hard, and holy moly this thing can stop!! After hard braking 4 times I pull over to make sure everything is okay with the system. There is some smoke coming from the rotors, and the smell of a good auto-x afternoon. After checking everything out, as well as the fluid, there were no leaks, and everything was good!

After having the kit on for two days I'm in love with it. The feel of the pedal is like no other feeling I have felt before. You touch the pedal and it just reacts as fast as you do. No sponge, no hesitate, no stock feel whats so ever. The pedal is one with your foot, and what you want it to do. And the looks?? Omg, if it had a... I will stop there

I would highly recommend this to anyone that has a spare couple grand laying around for an upgrade! Its simply amazing, and wish every car had this feel..

Questions, C&C welcome!

On to the pictures. Hoping to get some better ones soon. All taken with iPhone.

Enjoy

·
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!!

I bought it from a member, So if he wants to chime in, I will let him..

I did the math, and new around $1,900

·
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice!! They look great :thumbsup:
Thanks! :)
im pretty sure i just made wettmess!
they look so nice
Hehe, I did the same thing!!

Looks great, but are the bleeder screws on the passenger side supposed to be facing down?
Nope, I noticed it when I was putting everything about together and about to drive. I stated it up, and it was real mushy. I went around and doubled checked everything and noticed that. I went back and fixed it, thank god!!

Good eye!

·
未来へと
2,254 Posts
Those look great, I really want a BBK the one last final mod I want for my car.

·
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those look great, I really want a BBK the one last final mod I want for my car.
Its simply amazing.. The feel is sooo on point its not even funny!

·
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Awesome pick up! :tu2: You should make the title of the thread more clear w/ what your review is about.
Thanks Jay, Means a lot from you!! :jump:

Glad to see you didn't waste anytime! Looks great bro!
Nope, I was up for 40 hours by the time I was finished.

Thanks

Those are hella nice brah... Deff recommend bbk it's a day and night mod... Enjoy
Yes it is! Worth every penny!!

They look nice! I told you, once you go big brake, you never go back lol.
Thank yous Sir!!

Thanks again for you help!

They look sweet!
:)

·
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks!

·
Jon Daily Boulevard
5,555 Posts
Looks great, but are the bleeder screws on the passenger side supposed to be facing down?
Beat me to it. Noticed the same LOL
You both beat me to it! :lol:

I was wondering how you were able to bleed the air out that way, then I saw you fixed it, whew! Nice set-up btw. :tu: Love the colour

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.