Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of purchasing the greddy evo2 exhaust sytem for my tsx. i want the quiet strong sounding type, i dunno if this would be the right choice? is the greddy exhaust really loud, because i dont want it too loud...=)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
If you are looking for quiet, then you are going with the WRONG exhaust. Greddy will be pretty loud, and give you that whole "fart can" sound. You'll be running with the rest of the Civics that sound like crap. But to each his own. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm thx for the advice cmf, my friend has a greddy exhaust on his 2000 prelude and i love the sound of it...i guess im wrong.... what exhaust would u recommend?, the stock exhaust for the g35 coupes sounds great, i want something like that if available
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
I don't think there's anything like that yet. Check out the Comptach Exhuast, everyone seems to enjoy that sound. If you want something loud, I'd say go for the 5zigen Proracer. If you want something quiet, Fujitsubo is the way to go for aftermarket exhuasts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
loudness is subjective from person to person. I personally think the Evo 2 is fairly quiet and is under the decibel restriction for you(CA). I would disagree that it gives off a fart can tone. It's bassy and carries a low tone. @ WOT it opens up pretty nicely, no raspyness, etc..
 

·
TSX of the Month Winner
Joined
·
5,350 Posts
IRPDR said:
loudness is subjective from person to person. I personally think the Evo 2 is fairly quiet and is under the decibel restriction for you(CA). I would disagree that it gives off a fart can tone. It's bassy and carries a low tone. @ WOT it opens up pretty nicely, no raspyness, etc..
can u take some clip to share here?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
IRPDR said:
loudness is subjective from person to person. I personally think the Evo 2 is fairly quiet and is under the decibel restriction for you(CA). I would disagree that it gives off a fart can tone. It's bassy and carries a low tone. @ WOT it opens up pretty nicely, no raspyness, etc..

Maybe if you are standing four blocks away from the car. The Greddy exhausts that I have seen or heard in the past (on friends cars cause I refuse to buy one) are all super loud, and can get to be quite annoying while riding in the car for a prolonged trip, or any trip for that matter. Kinda reminded me of the HKS exhaust I used to have on my IS300.
I have the Fujitsubo right now, and the Intake is louder than that exhaust. Granted I am not getting good gains from the exhaust, but I like the look, deepens (is that a word) the sound, and is not loud enough to hear in the cabin of the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
SAZABI said:
can u take some clip to share here?
on a tsx, no unfortunately not. The resource I would've gotten the sound sample from would be, my neighbor, who has long sold his TSX for a BB s2k.

But I can still get a clip of the evo 2 from two other different resources to give you an idea. 5th and 6th gen accords.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
cmf said:
Maybe if you are standing four blocks away from the car. The Greddy exhausts that I have seen or heard in the past (on friends cars cause I refuse to buy one) are all super loud, and can get to be quite annoying while riding in the car for a prolonged trip, or any trip for that matter. Kinda reminded me of the HKS exhaust I used to have on my IS300.
I have the Fujitsubo right now, and the Intake is louder than that exhaust. Granted I am not getting good gains from the exhaust, but I like the look, deepens (is that a word) the sound, and is not loud enough to hear in the cabin of the car.

yah i guess you're right. you can still slightly hear it a few blocks away. I didn't take in consideration those who aren't used to aftermarket exhausts. My ears have been trained overtime to supress exhaust sound no matter how loud they are.lol. Afterall, the first car I remember ever riding in was a hi-modded '92-'93(one of those) 5.0 Mustang GT :chebosto:

I guess compared to the exhausts i hear around my area, it's not as loud. Surprisingly, people around here tell me my exhaust isn't loud enough. That's why I said the volume is subjective.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
cmf said:
Maybe if you are standing four blocks away from the car. The Greddy exhausts that I have seen or heard in the past (on friends cars cause I refuse to buy one) are all super loud, and can get to be quite annoying while riding in the car for a prolonged trip, or any trip for that matter. Kinda reminded me of the HKS exhaust I used to have on my IS300.
I have the Fujitsubo right now, and the Intake is louder than that exhaust. Granted I am not getting good gains from the exhaust, but I like the look, deepens (is that a word) the sound, and is not loud enough to hear in the cabin of the car.
i have greddy and i love it i mean its one of the most quiet systems ive heard on a tsx so far which ive only heard a custom magnaflow and and a muffler shop special and my greddy kit ,I think if u got greddy u would be very happy with it .CMF have u heard greddy on the tsx yet ? just wondering where u get its really loud ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Can't say I've heard it specifically on a TSX, however, in my mind, all four cylinders sound the same. So, if you have a Greddy exhaust on a TSX, and one on an Accord (which I have heard, along with other four bangers) it's too loud for me. Granted it is no where close as loud as say a Tanabe exhaust, but no where as quiet as the Fujitsubo(which I have) or Comptech(from what I've heard). I believe the question was asked about a quiet exhaust, which is why I DON'T recommend Greddy. The gains might be better, but 2whp (difference between Fujitsubo and Greddy :donno: )is not enough for me to buy.
Say later down the road when a header along with an Intake is added, that noise just continues to increase.
I guess like IRPDR said, once you've been around modded cars enough, you get used to it. Me, I can't. :D
 

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
Joined
·
9,175 Posts
I think the Evo2 is great! I am planning that as a future mod too....
 

·
TSX of the Month Winner
Joined
·
209 Posts
If you want something quiet with a strong intake sound then go for fujitsubo or modulo exhaust i have a fujitsubo on my car and you hear the intake more then the exhaust itself my friend bought the modulo exhaust and its almost the same as the fujitsubo but has a really low tone to it.
 

·
, Administrator Emeritus
Joined
·
4,123 Posts
cmf said:
Can't say I've heard it specifically on a TSX, however, in my mind, all four cylinders sound the same.
Actually that's highly untrue, if they're from the same engine ... Perhaps, but across the board. No way, heard of how a Integra Type R or S2000 scream at redline? Both has comparisons to a F1 like sound.

As for power gains on the Fujitsubo, you'd be lucky to see any. The twin-pipe output is not designed for any real power gains, it's Jasma approved meaning it's quiet and the pipe dimensions are not too far from OEM dimensions, it's only a different material saving about 5%-10% weight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Noel said:
Actually that's highly untrue, if they're from the same engine ... Perhaps, but across the board. No way, heard of how a Integra Type R or S2000 scream at redline? Both has comparisons to a F1 like sound.

As for power gains on the Fujitsubo, you'd be lucky to see any. The twin-pipe output is not designed for any real power gains, it's Jasma approved meaning it's quiet and the pipe dimensions are not too far from OEM dimensions, it's only a different material saving about 5%-10% weight.

Type R and S2000 redline just a bit higher than a Civic, hence the difference in sound. When talking about all 4 cyl cars sounding the same, I mean that one POS exhaust sounds just as crappy on a Type R as it does on a Civic. You can't make a product sound much better by slapping it on an S2000 or a Type R. If anything it is louder and a bit more obnoxious. Either way, the current Accord runs the same 2.4l 4 cyl.
Like I said, I know I didn't get big gains from my exhaust, but I bought it more for looks, and sound, which is perfect to me. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Hi,

I don't post very often but since I do have a Greddy Evo2 exhaust and my friend has the Fujitsubo, I thought I'd give my opinion between the two.

They are both pretty similar in sound although the Greddy does seem a little deeper and louder but not by much. If anyone is thinking of buying a Greddy Evo2 and is worried about it being too loud or the fact that it might drone on the highway, don't be because I just drove down to Portland and it was extremely quiet on the highway. The sound is not at all "ricey" or raspy. I haven't heard a Greddy exhaust on any other car before but I definitely know that on a TSX, it is pretty nice. As far as quality goes, the Fujitsubo definitely has nicer welds. As for looks, it is strictly up to the individual. If you want something that has more of an OEM look, Fujitsubo is the way to go. The Greddy fills out the cutout for our exhaust perfectly and the tips are pretty big. Now I just need a body kit to make it look smaller! I originally was going to go with the Fujitsubo since I had one on my G35 coupe and I loved it but wanted to try something different. Either way you can't go wrong.

Anyways, just my thoughts.
 

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
Joined
·
629 Posts
Musashi said:
Hi,

I don't post very often but since I do have a Greddy Evo2 exhaust and my friend has the Fujitsubo, I thought I'd give my opinion between the two.

They are both pretty similar in sound although the Greddy does seem a little deeper and louder but not by much. If anyone is thinking of buying a Greddy Evo2 and is worried about it being too loud or the fact that it might drone on the highway, don't be because I just drove down to Portland and it was extremely quiet on the highway. The sound is not at all "ricey" or raspy. I haven't heard a Greddy exhaust on any other car before but I definitely know that on a TSX, it is pretty nice. As far as quality goes, the Fujitsubo definitely has nicer welds. As for looks, it is strictly up to the individual. If you want something that has more of an OEM look, Fujitsubo is the way to go. The Greddy fills out the cutout for our exhaust perfectly and the tips are pretty big. Now I just need a body kit to make it look smaller! I originally was going to go with the Fujitsubo since I had one on my G35 coupe and I loved it but wanted to try something different. Either way you can't go wrong.

Anyways, just my thoughts.
This is my thoughts exactly.

I'm not sure where the loud raspy Civic ricer sound mentioned by CMF is coming from, but when I had the Greddy Evo on my Integra, it was definitely not raspy. And I've heard that the Comptech is louder than the Evo2 and raspier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Does anyone have a pic of what the Fujitsubo looks like on a TSX? I am also looking for something quiet, and Fujitsubo seems to fit the bill based on yall's comments.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
187 Posts
IRPDR said:
loudness is subjective from person to person. I personally think the Evo 2 is fairly quiet and is under the decibel restriction for you(CA). I would disagree that it gives off a fart can tone. It's bassy and carries a low tone. @ WOT it opens up pretty nicely, no raspyness, etc..
i agree totally
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top