Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

When you find some time please check the following on your car because this is the info that I got from my local Acura Service Department after I complained and I don't think that it is correct infomation but I'll let the TSX forum memebers experiment with this:

Quoted from my work order:
Complaint (me):
Check runchannel on all windows not clearing excess water
Cause (them):
The trim just underneath each of the the windows does not have the same functions as a 'squeegee.' The main function is to prevent larger type debris from dropping down into the door panel and obstructing the window. If the trim were to act like a squeegee (tight against the window), it would slow down the movement of the window and cause binding.
Correction (them):
Trim appears to be ok.

-------
From my experience with cars (having 2 other cars to compare to 1x'02 audi a4, 1x'03 benz c-class), the trim should work like a squeegee and wipe off all the water (example when it rains, if i put down my windows, ALL the water should clear or else i wouldn't be able to see anything).

Please try spraying water on your windshield and see if the water clears or if you get funny streaks which can prevent you from even seeing your side mirrors (as in my case).

If you have more than 1 car, please do a comparison..I'm getting annoyed with the problems I'm experiencing with my 1 month old TSX.

Cheers,
DXman.

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
dxorcist,

All of my previous cars left lots of streaks & small beads of water and the TSX is no exception for me. If the rubber trim was indeed supposed to be a squeegee, it definitely is a poor squeegee at that. If you feel inside of the rubber trimming, it feels like the material isn't rubber or silicon but rather felt or velvet. (I haven't checked this out on my TSX yet, will try tomorrow).

Also, if it was supposed to be a sqeegee, I would think that would add additional stress and load on the window motors, leading to premature window motor failure. Then again, I've never owned any of the fine cars you mentioned before. (Maybe it's brand unique).

I usually leave the water the way it is and drive it off (i.e. get the car moving and let the air resistance take care of it)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have also noticed this. .Other cars I've had have somewhat squeegeed off the water from the windows, but the TSX doesn't at all.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Ain't noticed anything, never much thought of it. I always thought that I thought about everything.
I guess I'm glad to see that I don't. :D

I guess also whatever it is on the TSX hasn't bothered me.

·
Registered
102 Posts
This is more noticable in the winter when there is a light coating of snow on the car. Not enough to dig out the snow brush but just enough that it covers the window. In this case if I'm running late for work I just want to flick on the wipers and roll the windows down to get the snow off.
But I'm digging out the brush anyway, oh well.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
GRAYTSX said:
This is more noticable in the winter when there is a light coating of snow on the car. Not enough to dig out the snow brush but just enough that it covers the window. In this case if I'm running late for work I just want to flick on the wipers and roll the windows down to get the snow off.
Actually I find this DOES get the snow off -- right into the car. :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so it's not just me noticing some weirdness in the tsx. well, glad that everyone has begun nitpicking their cars =)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
dxorcist said:
so it's not just me noticing some weirdness in the tsx. well, glad that everyone has begun nitpicking their cars =)
Yeah, well, we've been nitpicking the TSX since day 1.

That's one of the great things about this site, because, if someone is thinking of getting a TSX and wonders what the pluses AND minuses might be, all they have to do is look here, because we talk about it all. Before I got my TSX, I came to these sites to find out if there was anything I might not like, and the way people talk about it here, you just KNOW that everything is on here, so you know pretty much what you're getting into.

The impression that I got from people's posts turned out to be dead-on accurate. I really knew the car before I ever saw it.

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
larchmont said:
The impression that I got from people's posts turned out to be dead-on accurate. I really knew the car before I ever saw it.
:sprint:

Plus, try finding reviews commenting on rubber trims at Edmunds.com or in any major car magazines. :)

The worst thing is, I don't think the nitpicking has even really started for me.

One of these days, the perfectionist-wanna-be within me is gonna complain that the fumes coming out of the left and the right exhausts are unbalanced.:banghead:

·
Registered
102 Posts
One of these days, the perfectionist-wanna-be within me is gonna complain that the fumes coming out of the left and the right exhausts are unbalanced.:banghead: [/B]
Oh no, don't give anyone any ideas.:laugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts