Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been researching the best way to acheive a mild drop, (1.5- 2.0 inches) and on a budget, (just bought 05 Euro and wheels).

I was looking at F&F 1 coilovers but there are just too many mixed reports on these.

So now I'm thinking Ground Control springs with adjustable (height between .5 and 2.5 inches)) sleeves.
They fit the stock shocks aparrently, but will also give me the option of fitting them on Konis when I save up for them down the track.

Any feedback/ advice on this setup?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have done this setup on a 92-95 civic and after I installed them for someone I was very surprised on the setup is was very good. Its like they were made to be used together as a combo.

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
I've never read a bad review on GC/Koni setup. I saw Koni has a sale, I believe the front shocks are 125 each and rear 135. Sale ends June 30th, not sure how much shipping would be to AU though.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've never ran GC & Koni but I too have yet to hear anything bad from that combo.
I'm running Koni & Skunk2 coilover sleeves, maxed out to the lowest possible ride height. I think they ride GREAT! No complaints here.

·
Registered
114 Posts
KONI yellows are currently on sale. The 2nd gen ones are $600, I'd think the 1st gen ones should be close.

I've had KONIs since October and ran them with stock springs first, thinking of stepping up to the GC sleeves in the future. Future came, but after exchanging emails with GC I decided to stick to Eibach ProKit due to lower spring rates and their progressive nature -- ride quality is a concern for me.

The lowest rates GC will do for a TSX is 440/300. This will not work well with the stock shocks (I realize you are doing this as a temporary setup).

Keep in mind, when ordering GC sleeves, you'll be asked what shock you are using and will receive appropriate parts, GC kit set up for stock shocks may be different than one set up for KONIs. Make sure you figure that out ahead of time.

Stan

·
pedal damn it
2,900 Posts
I've been researching the best way to acheive a mild drop, (1.5- 2.0 inches) and on a budget, (just bought 05 Euro and wheels).

I was looking at F&F 1 coilovers but there are just too many mixed reports on these.

So now I'm thinking Ground Control springs with adjustable (height between .5 and 2.5 inches)) sleeves.
They fit the stock shocks aparrently, but will also give me the option of fitting them on Konis when I save up for them down the track.

Any feedback/ advice on this setup?
There are many threads/posts regarding Ground Control and/or Koni/GC. Search please. :D

Many guys here have run this setup without complaint. This combo was for sale recently as well. Search for that too please. :D

I currently have the Koni/GC setup (3+yrs). One word: :woot:

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
so what did u finally decide on doing? please post what u got and pix... cause im currently looking for suspension set up as well... thanks GL with ur search

1 - 7 of 7 Posts