Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone who has installed their system tell me how and where they grounded their system? I am trying to find a good place for my ground but don't want to just start drilling holes. Also how did you get the signal to your amp since i want to keep my stock headunit i cant find a way to get a signal. Thanks :rolleyes:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Isn't any screwed location good for a grounding point? At least that's how I've wired stuff in any car.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,092 Posts
Are you trying to tap in for sound for a sub? Or is sound for full range speakers?

If you just want sound for the sub, tap into the 6x9's signal via a Line Out Converter. The sound going to the x9's is cross overed at the factory amp so you only get lows.

If you want full range sound you will have to tap in at a different location.

As for a ground, there are lots of good places. There is already a pretty good place in the rear of the car. Just take off the wooden piece and lift up the carpet close to where the seat folds up. You should see a screw there already that already has something grounded to it. This was done at the factory. Try that ground point.

Good LUck!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Points to ponder.

Ok, I actualy went down the route of installing 2 amps and new speakers, there are some good links on this site for wiring diagrams and pictures but here are a few points to ponder:

1.If you swap the fronts keep the factory wiring and splice into it, pulling new wire through the door looms is not easy.
2. You will have to dismantle the entire center console.
3. add extentions to all ground wires and run them to a ground point at the back of the car, otherwise you will have tranny hiss and static.
4. The factory amp is crap so I cut the inbound wiring harnes and used a low-level to rca converter to push the signal to the back of the car down the center.
5. Dont run the amp power wire or speaker wires on the drivers side as the anntena is on this side, it will cause static.
6. Think Dynamat or b-quiet as once you upgrade the doors they will start to rattle. I bough some liquid dampner and put 8 coats on each door, this helps but the plastic shoud now vibrates.
7. This is an all day project with a buddy.
8. For the amp remote wire you can use the factory remote turn on on the head unit wireing harness.
9. Something to consider if you are upgrading everything would be to scrap the door speakers and put some nice 6x9's in, I put in Diamonds and they sound great, If you want to keep the doors you are going to need another amp and more deading material or the rear doors will viabrate.
10. Test everything before you put the center console back together.
11. DISCONNECT THE BATTERY FIRST.
12. I sure wish I had take pics to document all this :mecry: to help you out.
13. The doors do not have a 6.5" hole in them so be prepared to buid a spacer or cut metal. I chose to cut metal with a hacksaw as it made my car lighter. :wizard:

14. Put some sort of rubber seal around the speaker housing. I bough some rubber weather stripping from home-depot for 2 bucks that was self-adheasive and made a good seal.

15. Be very careful on the passanger side door when pulling the panel. The powerwindow wires are very short, I actuay shattered the module when I pulled it apart and had to put it back together, This is not an issue on the drivers side but it is easyer to pull the controls out. (pull strait up) and disconnect the wires first. wish I had done that.

Let me know if I can help in any other way>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts