Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In light of another group buy, I figured I throw out a second option for a group buy for Mandrel exhaust options for the cl9 TSX...

Mandrel Exhaust Systems owned by TruBendz Technolodgy Inc.
Mandrel Exhaust Systems - Featuring Mandrel Bends - Catback, Downpipe

These guys offer 2.25", 2.5" and 3" Aluminized steel as well as 304 Stainless steel

Fits 1998-2007 Honda Accord (3.0L - All Models Sedan/Coupe)
Fits 1999-2008 Acura TL (3.2L - All Models Sedan/Coupe)
Fits 2004-2008 Acura TSX (2.4L - All Models Sedan/Coupe)
04-08 ACURA TSX EXHAUST TUBING KIT - DUAL

I havent seen this in person yet, but the price is definitely cheaper then the others and even if the bends arent as "perfect" as someone else stated in another forum (only a statement, these look great from the picture provided). I believe that even so, it is worlds different then the stock 04 exhaust on my car. This also comes with clamps hangers and bolts.

I talked to [email protected] and he is willing to do a group guy through the forum, I will need to get a group of 10 people and we will recieve 15% off the already low price via codes I will PM to the 9 other buyers

Just to put some prices out there to see, here are the calculated discounts; these will be plus shipping.

$170.00 2.25 Inch, Aluminized Steel =$144.50
$170.00 2.5 Inch, Aluminized Steel =$144.50
$245.00 3 Inch, Aluminized Steel =$208.25
$245.00 2.25 Inch, 304 Stainless Steel =$208.25
$245.00 2.5 Inch, 304 Stainless Steel =$208.25
$320.00 3 Inch, 304 Stainless Steel =$272

If you would, please copy paste your name to the list as well as size and material wanted, looks like this is only 2004-2008 models plus the accord and TL models listed. I emailed him a few questions and I will post more back here as soon as i get a reply.

Please also take this name add seriously. I would really like to get a system on the car soon, and I dont want to pay for other companies r&d fabrication costs, trying to keep this as budget as possible.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Been looking at it too. I know where the place is located too. If things dont pan out with KTeller i might go with this but the bends are way not as good looking at K-Teller Systems but the price is better.

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry format doesn't look the same on mobile as it did on my laptop, but yea think about it...

If your not dyno tuning the car, the difference in bends between this an even kteller isn't going to be that much of a game changer on a 4 door. I'm going for looks and sounds.

The amount of gain over OEM is going to be way way greater then the difference in smoothness in bends regardless of this type of bending is any different at all then kteller or anywhere else. It's going to be better then anything Monroe or local muffler shop can build.

Even a 3" stainless pipe is cheaper then anything kteller is putting out, not that their stuff is better or worse, but purely on price. This would be ideal for anyone looking to build on a budget.

Sent from my HTC Rezound on VZW 4G LTE

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just to through it up there I'm finally finishing my kteller exhaust up on my prelude and I have had a few fittment issues. The vibrant muffler, resonator, and cat I purchased was slightly larger that 3" so that it could be slipped over the pipe and welded on, but because I wanted the option of swapping out components later I had to use flanges (about 300 dollars worth) to segment everything and the flanges from vibrant were exactly 3" i.d. so I had get creative when reducing the components to fit into the flanges.

The other issue was fittment of the pipe, to get the muffler tucked up and tight to the bumper it hits the suspension when decompressed, and when it clears the suspension it exits quite lower than desired and at an odd angle. I have a good idea what cutting and bending will be required to get the muffler where I want it but Im not looking forward to it. A 2.5" system should give you more wiggle room to work with if you are only looking for sound and looks. (I was looking for power with my prelude build)

If you only have moderate welding skills like myself then you will definitely want to pay someone to weld it up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just to through it up there I'm finally finishing my kteller exhaust up on my prelude and I have had a few fittment issues. The vibrant muffler, resonator, and cat I purchased was slightly larger that 3" so that it could be slipped over the pipe and welded on, but because I wanted the option of swapping out components later I had to use flanges (about 300 dollars worth) to segment everything and the flanges from vibrant were exactly 3" i.d. so I had get creative when reducing the components to fit into the flanges.

The other issue was fittment of the pipe, to get the muffler tucked up and tight to the bumper it hits the suspension when decompressed, and when it clears the suspension it exits quite lower than desired and at an odd angle. I have a good idea what cutting and bending will be required to get the muffler where I want it but Im not looking forward to it. A 2.5" system should give you more wiggle room to work with if you are only looking for sound and looks. (I was looking for power with my prelude build)

If you only have moderate welding skills like myself then you will definitely want to pay someone to weld it up.

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Edit double post, this isn't kteller, but I hear ya on the 3" being tighter. I thought about doing a 2.5" with mufflers for a dd and 3" single without mufflers for off road use only lol. I also have a friend who welds, but this kit seems to be flared to use clamps so that might make it easier to adjust as well. Check the pics on his site in my first post.

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: more details, flange is not welded to beginning but is included.

Pipes are OEM length minus the mufflers so you can run straight pipes as is.

There is also a single exhaust option that fits a Tsx, it is listed under accord 2.4l

http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.com/servlet/the-406/03-dsh-07-HONDA-ACCORD-EXHAUST/Detail

Prices are way cheaper then I thought for a single, check it out guys!

Anyone interested in either single or dual, 2.25" up to 3" and stainless or aluminized steel?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
351 Posts
I would definitely be interested in the 3" single stainless but i would like to be sure this will fit the tsx since its an accord kit. So it would be less than the $270 listed on that site plus shipping correct?

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From what he said, I assume the tl, the accord and Tsx use the same underbelly exhaust channel. He was telling me that the main difference lies in the hangers and mufflers, which isn't a problem in this case.

I wouldn't mind getting a 3" exhaust single to run open without mufflers hehehe.

The price is way lower and yes it would be $270 - 15% plus shipping for that piping.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
351 Posts
Put me down for the 3" single in stainless 304. This price is pretty unbeatable considering the hardware is all included.

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump
Need 10 total...
He also does custom Magnaflow** mufflers w/ welded tips, check out his wrx catback...

The accord Tsx and tl have the same piping route, the mufflers and hangers are different, therefore have to be custom.

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes read my post, single is even cheaper

Sent from my Rooted HTC ReZound 4gLTE

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To anyone interested, he makes single and dual, 2.25, 2.5 and 3.0" piping in stainless or regular mild steel. The single is listed under accord, and I have it linked previously. These prices can be under $200...

·
Registered
1,666 Posts

·
TSX of the Month Winner
351 Posts
Lets get a gb going on this for better pricing!

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you look into the site I posted, he is offering 15% off already low prices.

I am not sure of shipping costs, but I assume they aren't inflated. All the Honda accord models as well as the tl have the same channels under the car so the piping is the same, just mufflers and hangers being different.

Do a little research yourself guys, I posted every link, as well as every detail about this group buy. Prices are listed on his site per each option, and subtract 15% or for you lamens, multiply by 0.85 to get discount price...

Add your name to the list if your interested...

1. Cwarnick 2.5 stainless dual

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cmon guys, there's is a shipping calculator on the site, and I logged in my options and shipping said $25. I put in a California zip code and it still was $25...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts