Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An alternative to the Mugen intake carbon airbox design. This is also top props from Japan with no expense spared on carbon use. Designed and optimized for sufficient gains from mid-high end. This adds to a selection list of available intakes for the TSX/Euro.

Pricing PDF download. Gruppe M part number - FR-0507 @ ¥81,900 ~ USD$745. Replacement filter part number - FR-0985A.

·
Registered
36 Posts
hi noel

do you have any sound clips on this intake or dyno charts ?

I have an improvised intake done on my air box by dropping in a K&N cone filter. Nice sound and power. I am keen to show some pics but I cannot find a website to link the pictures to.

Regards

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope sorry, no dyno charts or sound references.

You can upload images to this site within reasonable size.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice area you stay. ;)

Is any work done to the bottom half of the OEM airbox or did you only modify the intake and top airbox to fit the K&N filter? There is a very restrictive resonator system in place located behind the bumper and inside the wheel arc. If that's removed, that should be some good gains to be had. If not, you should get that removed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Noel said:
Nice area you stay. ;)

Is any work done to the bottom half of the OEM airbox or did you only modify the intake and top airbox to fit the K&N filter? There is a very restrictive resonator system in place located behind the bumper and inside the wheel arc. If that's removed, that should be some good gains to be had. If not, you should get that removed.
A piping is done from bottom half of air box right down to the bumper area..resonator is long gone prior to this cone filter mod...I am hoping to experiment with other cone filters e.g BMC, Apexi or Mugen ...cheers

NB: Have you being to Singapore ? Let me know your next trip as I can bring you to all the tuner shops or perhaps throw in a Formula 1 Sepang tracking iternery in my euro r.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The BMC or Apexi would be a good upgrade ... I used to heavily use the Apexi filters until I was introduced to BMC, that truly blew me away at how much improvement the suction is. While the Mugen one, I don't think you'd be interested. The only cone style filter is for the S2000 Mugen intake, even then it's very small.

I'm from Singapore, I spent half my life there. I should say, if you ever head down to Sydney ... I'll show you the sights. ;)

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
Nice cold airbox conversion =)
The resenator was a pain to take out, i had to take out the whole front bumper...

what cone fits in there? the space is so small..

i'm just using a Mugen aFe filter

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He's using a K&N. While BMC also has specific sizing for such applications.

G

·
What size filter would be needed to fit in the stock airbox? Also, any idea what arrow used as an adapter from the stock inlet at the top of the box? Is that a Piece of metal tubing with a band clamp around the stock inlet?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The filter size can probably only be answered by Arrow since he's the only one who has done a custom job.

While the clamps for the filter to fit on whatever pipe size are usually supplied with the filter sold. The only question remains is - What filter size to use.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi

The K&N cone filter part number is 3250. Anyway I am now at a loss on whether I should go for our local group buy on fujitsubo or gruppem. Both cost about the same.

Which one is more bang for buck ? Still trying to find dyno on gruppem on CL7. Perhaps I drop a mail to GruppeM Japan.

I got this feeling that Fujitsubo is not really giving good gains but only audio gains. To get audio gains and slight power, I can mod the exhaust at my local workshop.

Thanks
Arrow

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FGK makes intakes as well or are you just talking about the catback exhaust? If you're asking about what's currently the best for the CL7/9 on peformance intakes only, GruppeM would definitely be on top. I wouldn't buy the Mugen variant but for something better than my Injen, it's definitely gonna be GruppeM without a doubt.

And I wouldn't buy FGK either simply because it's too restrictive and isn't far off from OEM specs to truly show any gains on power output. Amuse or Feel's Honda Twin Cam makes more superior exhaust systems for Hondas in general.

·
Registered
26 Posts
what kind of gains do you get with a modified stock airbox as opposed to a sri or cai>> im kinda held back from putting on an intake bc my parents r worried about it for some reason..then again theyre the ones paying for the car, so the modified stock might be a way to go under the radar...please post some more info on it/ and or a tutorial of how its done including what i'd need to buy...thanks alot

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Perhaps you should raise a new topic instead of following off on this one. Whilst you'd more than likely net little to virtually no gains gutting the OE airbox. The entire construction including the resonator is meant to be restrictive and removes all intake noise output as well. With that combination, it's fairly meaningless to be tackling an approach like that if you're truly seeking power gains.

·
Registered
26 Posts
thanks for the response noel, i'd just never seen any stock intake mod like that before...if theres not significant gains wats the point in doing it?>?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You referring to this intake as being a "stock intake mod" ... ? Erm, its actually not just that simple. This design does net torque and horsepower gains initially designed for trackwork/racing.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Noel said:
AJ Racing ... I'm sure you know where it is, yes?
didn't find it on their website for the CL7 or CL9

1 - 20 of 24 Posts