Acura TSX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Chhimp
144 Posts
Remote power located under the factory deck and connects to the amp. The wire is yellow and green and at the far end of the plug. Powers up when the radio is turned on and shuts down the amp when not on. I read some where on the forum to be careful and not to short the system, so I also added a 30 amp inline fuse just in case. It is worth it. Here is a picture:

How do you completely seal firewall rubber garment? I made a hole that made it a clean look, but the rubber garment won't lock to the firewall. Help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the wiring tutorial, I used it in my install today. I went through and took a lot more pictures and added notes onto each one in hopes that it can add to the quality of the tutorial.

There are 18 pictures and I am not sure if I should post them since there are so many, but feel free to check them out here: Running power from your car battery to your trunk.

·
Platinum Club Member
1,550 Posts
There is all ready a whole in the fire wall for a power wire and it is hidden pretty good. Its right under where the master cylinder is thats where I put mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wanted to say thanks for this thread. I stumbled onto it last week looking for info for my wife's TSX, and it helped me out quite a bit.

A couple of notes that I would like to add that might help others are:
* the positive terminals on the rear speakers are the ones pointing to the passenger side. the negative terminals point to the driver side.
* I ran my remote wire alongside the power wire, and then I ran it up into the center console from in front of the passenger floor area. That allowed me to only pry up the center console area around the shifter. No need to remove the entire console to tap into the (white with an orange stripe) wire.

Everything was done right on my part with the exception of the line output converter. The "high quality" comment in regards to the line output converter is essential. If you're not running this from the speaker wires pre-amp, then a high quality LOC is definitely needed. The one I bought isn't doing the job, so I pulled the fuse on the power line until the new one arrives. It's the AudioLink PowerLink II. Hopefully that will do it. Worst case scenario, maybe I need to increase the resistance in the LOC.

Again though, thank you for starting this thread!

-Aaron

·
Registered
5 Posts
chhimp said:
How do you completely seal firewall rubber garment? I made a hole that made it a clean look, but the rubber garment won't lock to the firewall. Help.
I just read this post. I have the same issue. Is it supposed to seal on the firewall, and if so how? h1e1l1p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Figured it out

To get the boot back on, you have to unclip the harness piece (I don't know what to call the thing) from the firewall. There are four clips on it. Once you get it off, line up the two slots in the harness piece that you have to line up in the boot.

It's a PIA and it took me about ten minutes to actually get the boot back on there :rolleyes:

·
Diego to The Bay
213 Posts
bump for nice thread

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
Awesome writeup. I use the steps myself and it they work perfectly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
one thing when i put my sound system after a couple of months it runined my navi since the dvd rom is in the back becuase of the bass hittin hard it stop reading the cd and that rom itselfs cost about 3 grand

·
, Regional Meet Leader, SF Bay Area
6,942 Posts
been a good year + in mine.. havnt had a problem..

and i've got a 15 back there flexing my trunk, roof, and rattles my front windows :\

·
Registered
4 Posts
just installed my system today with this DIY =), had pretty much no clue how to do it prior to the installing, although instead of draggin the remote wire to the cig. lighter, i just tapped into the nav. unit in the trunk (?) [the thing that looks like a dvd player and says DVD-ROM on it], works nicely. nonetheless, awesome write up, couldn't have done it without it =).

Did anyone else use this method? How well does it work? What color wire do I tap into?

Bump for an amazing write-up.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Started doing this today and am almost finished. It's pretty easy, but it just takes a few hours figuring stuff out, how you want to wire it, etc.

Very helpful write-up!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey I just got my subs installed with my factory stereo and my subs aren't hitting half as hard as they did in my past car. Do you guys think that could be because of my stock stereo? Is the signal any worse thAn in an after market head unit?? Please help me out I'm going insane!

·
, Regional Meet Leader, SF Bay Area
6,942 Posts
Hey I just got my subs installed with my factory stereo and my subs aren't hitting half as hard as they did in my past car. Do you guys think that could be because of my stock stereo? Is the signal any worse thAn in an after market head unit?? Please help me out I'm going insane!

was your past car a hatchback?

box? sub? amp? whatchu runnin!?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had a jeep so yeah open cab. Two 10 inch rockford fosgate p3s with a boss 1000w amp. The amp is a 4x250w so I'm thinking maybe the guy who installed it didn't bridge the channels so I'm only getting half the power. But if he did bridge them I would have no idea why. It sounds good at low volumes but then when I turn it up it's like everything gets louder except the subs

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a jeep so yeah open cab. Two 10 inch rockford fosgate p3s with a boss 1000w amp. The amp is a 4x250w so I'm thinking maybe the guy who installed it didn't bridge the channels so I'm only getting half the power. But if he did bridge them I would have no idea why. It sounds good at low volumes but then when I turn it up it's like everything gets louder except the subs
Make sure the subs are facing the trunk to get somewhat of a loading effect.

Sounds like the amp isn't set properly. Where is the gain? And check to see if your channels are bridged.

-Andy

·
Registered
59 Posts
i've reached a problem when installin my sub.. the amp works perfectly fine but i'm using the LOC to connect to the 2 rear speakers but instead of properly working when i connect it.. it makes these wierd buzzing nasty sound.. i dont know what to do.. at the same time where should i connect the wires from the amp to the sub? thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nvmd... got it to work... nothing feels better then when you finally get your system to work!

21 - 40 of 54 Posts