Acura TSX Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought my 2004 TSX w/navi this June...i've been dying without a system...looking forward to the install. one question though, is sub and speaker bass control done through the factory deck if we tap into the 6x9's with the LOC? i've done a lot of basic system installs, but in my integra and cars like civics and accords (nothing as complex as the TSX).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good write up but........the rear deck speakers are actually woofers, not full range. If you tap into these you will supply only the range provided through the factory amp. The back seat door speakers are full range and would be optimal in providing a better bass response. Having said this, I had mine installed as you mention here except the power runs to the battery and the sub sits in the trunk with jumps from the rear deck woofers because it was easier.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys, i'm sorry to bring up an old topic, but I've noticed that when i tap into the rear deck speakers, the bass volume limits from the factory deck at certain volume intervals. i think it was designed as a safety measure so to not kill the factory "subs" at higher volume levels.

in particular, i noticed a step down in bass output at level 20 and level 30.

does anyone have a way of negating this audio bass limiter factory setting?

my only solution was to run a remote sub level control to my front seat. i adjust my sub level whenever i turn my volume higher than 20 (or 30) and dial it back down when i listen to it at "normal" levels. It's been getting annoying lately though because i'm used to being able to just turn up the volume on an aftermarket deck and have the sub proportionately get louder.

any thoughts?

·
Registered
53 Posts
when u taping in the 6x9 for the loc ..u did both speaker or just one ..? i was wondering if u taped both the signal wont be as low to the amp ...what if u tape the (+) and (-) of the loc then only to one 6x9 ...will that better to come out only bass signal to the amp ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great tip with the plier handle to use to pry up the center console around the e-brake handle. Dude that saved me so much time and effort. This was a big help getting me to the seat warmer switches in my 2006 TSX. Thanks again!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts