Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All!

I'm a new owner of a 2005 TSX with stock (215/50R17) All-Weather Tires with a +55mm offset on rims. I know tires are the most important thing you should get for any car autocrossing. However, H Street Rules seem to allow any size tire as long as its within +/- 1" Rim size, and within +/- 7mm offset.

I want as much traction as possible without too much weight. So I want more width on the tire itself without running out of room in the wheel wells, less offset for a wider stance, larger rims, but keeping as close as possible to the same overall diameter of the tire.

So my best option is (235/40R18) if I try to keep the same overall diameter of the entire wheel. Is this thought process correct? And does anyone even know if the 235 with the 48mm offset will even fit that wheel well? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
@fsocietytsx
379 Posts
Howdy All!

I'm a new owner of a 2005 TSX with stock (215/50R17) All-Weather Tires with a +55mm offset on rims. I know tires are the most important thing you should get for any car autocrossing. However, H Street Rules seem to allow any size tire as long as its within +/- 1" Rim size, and within +/- 7mm offset.

I want as much traction as possible without too much weight. So I want more width on the tire itself without running out of room in the wheel wells, less offset for a wider stance, larger rims, but keeping as close as possible to the same overall diameter of the tire.

So my best option is (235/40R18) if I try to keep the same overall diameter of the entire wheel. Is this thought process correct? And does anyone even know if the 235 with the 48mm offset will even fit that wheel well? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
it will also depend on the width of the Rim. If it is 18x8 you should have no issue. If it is 18x9 i wouldn't trust it. You also will need to run a decent amount of camber for Auto X. i would recommend 17x8 rims with 245/40/17 tires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it will also depend on the width of the Rim. If it is 18x8 you should have no issue. If it is 18x9 i wouldn't trust it. You also will need to run a decent amount of camber for Auto X. i would recommend 17x8 rims with 245/40/17 tires.
I think I done goofed. According to the AutoX Street rules:

13.4 WHEELS
Any type wheel may be used provided it complies with the following:
A. It is the same width as standard and as installed it does not have an offset more than ±7.00 mm (±0.275”) from a standard wheel for the car. The resultant change in track dimensions is allowed.
B. Wheel (rim) diameter may be increased or decreased 1” from the standard part. This change may be applied to the front, rear, or both axles.

I don't think im allowed anything other that 16x7, 17x7, or 18x7.... which means basically I can't really get wider tires either.

·
@fsocietytsx
379 Posts
I think I done goofed. According to the AutoX Street rules:

13.4 WHEELS
Any type wheel may be used provided it complies with the following:
A. It is the same width as standard and as installed it does not have an offset more than ±7.00 mm (±0.275”) from a standard wheel for the car. The resultant change in track dimensions is allowed.
B. Wheel (rim) diameter may be increased or decreased 1” from the standard part. This change may be applied to the front, rear, or both axles.

I don't think im allowed anything other that 16x7, 17x7, or 18x7.... which means basically I can't really get wider tires either.
Given that information, leaves you with 2 good options.
16x7+43
17x7+45
I would go with the 17x7+45 with 225 on the front and 215 on the rear. Also are you allowed to run a spacer? If so run 15mm all around, it will set your wheel track up nice. Not sure what other suspension mods you have, but i would look into camber kits (front and rear), sway bars, strut bars and coilovers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts