Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I got 1 pair H1 led as DRL, has been shopping with IJDMTOY for decorder in order to skip the error message. After installed couple times, the error code still appear. Anyone successful installed H1 LED as DRL? First generation TSX PLEASE!!

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Hi there, I got 1 pair H1 led as DRL, has been shopping with IJDMTOY for decorder in order to skip the error message. After installed couple times, the error code still appear. Anyone successful installed H1 LED as DRL? First generation TSX PLEASE!!
The problem with DRL is they run at half the power because they are also your high beams. I don't believe it's recommended to run LED's as highbeams as the output isn't as good and the visibility isn't great.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The problem with DRL is they run at half the power because they are also your high beams. I don't believe it's recommended to run LED's as highbeams as the output isn't as good and the visibility isn't great.
Right on. If you want the LED look, just get an HID kit. With the right components, they will still properly function as your DRL's.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Right on. If you want the LED look, just get an HID kit. With the right components, they will still properly function as your DRL's.
Correct me if I'm wrong but HID's cannot be ran as well either. They require full power, and with DRL's are ran. They run at half the power therefore not powering your HID kit and throwing the DRL code.

The only way to properly do it is to have a kit that does dual HID and run DRL halogens. At least that's how I remember it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,790 Posts
You'll need to run a load resistor to trick the car into thinking you have halogens when you use LEDs in these applications.
Maybe you bought Canbus LEDs, which is for a different application.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.