Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the H11 to H9 fog light conversion with "Nokya H9 Hyper Yellow 2500k" boy i tell ya, with the nokya H11, driving with independent fog light at night time in the city, i could barely see the road even after adjusting them, with the nokya H9 in replacement...HOLLY SHIIT...i got 5 feet more of lights in front of me...!

Big difference, i recommend this DIY for anyone who isnt a fan of 3000K HID fog...or for more visual at night...esp heavy wet weather conditions...btw...love my osram silverstar D2S...got the night light up...!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
I liked my h9 nokya's as well, only sad part is the bulbs do not last long at all.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,292 Posts
I think there's some confusion. Fog lights are to BE seen, not TO see. So how far or much you actually see with them is irrelevant. Hence why fogs are placed low on cars, usually under the fog cloud so other cars see them clearer. Yellow light especially.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think there's some confusion. Fog lights are to BE seen, not TO see. So how far or much you actually see with them is irrelevant. Hence why fogs are placed low on cars, usually under the fog cloud so other cars see them clearer. Yellow light especially.
Fog lights are meant to b seen, like by other drivers out in the road....thats what u think but fog lights are also meant to help u have better visibility in bad road conditions like rainy/foggy conditions

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
This.

Me personally i aint blind or wat so ever, but when its raining out...i cant see shiit with my low beam/hid...my fog lights being on helps out so much

I have my oem D2s bulbs in crappy depo's and I can see perfectly fine in the rain/dark. When I had my oem housings, it was even sharper a cutoff.

Fog's have never helped me, whether it be 3000k HIDs, PIAA ION crystal yellow, or a 5000k HIDs, its always been a scattered emitting light on the ground in front and to the sides. I like it like that lol.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,292 Posts
fog lights are also meant to help u have better visibility in bad road conditions like rainy/foggy conditions

That is false. If you think the output of a fog light bulb is a sufficient substitute for the output of a headlight (even a halogen one), your standards of safety are dangerously low.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,292 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
To see the edges of the road? That's cute. Again, if you use them to see 5 feet in front of the car when driving through fog, your safety priorities are misplaced. They serve a much more practical purpose of being seen.
Velocifero, you are obviously the moron of this thread. You're the one who's confused. Think about why they would be called FOG lights for a half a second and you might maybe possibly figure it out. Not only do they shine under fog to help visibility then but they also help visibility in any condition. I turn my fogs on as soon as the sun is down. Helps see stupid raccoons and possums when they dart right in front of you and also adds a little shine to the sides.

All that aside, yes I would also like a brighter fog light to get closer to the HID look without going full HID conversion. Any good bulbs that are brighter/whiter that can go into the stock hub?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have to agree with Velo in the fact that today's foglights are for cosmetic reasons. This is do to the fact that with todays' technology, headlights perform much more superior than what they had a couple years back where foglights might have help out a bit, but nothing compared to how today's headlights perform

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.