Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up guys been a little busy with TSX. Took it on a road trip from Omaha to Des Moines for some Zombie Burger (amazing & so are the spiked shakes :p) and caught a movie at the drive in. Also changed out the tranny fluid, it was pretty black, check out the pics. Also decided to pull the intake resonator out then remembered I had a cone filter in my tool box! Pulled the bumper off just to see how difficult it would be, wasn't very difficult, just annoying (I hate those body clips). Took me about 30-40min to rip the bumper off and pull the intake. How it sits now though, I was make a heat shield for it since the battery is directly in front of it. I took it out to our local wednesday nights Sonic cruise meet thats hosted by 1320, check em out on the link post right below. But anyways I ran against an S2K w/ exhaust & a 12 VW GLI. S2K mashed me and I kept up with the GLI till 3 then he slowly pulled. Moar racecar parts needed now haha. But check out the pics!

1320video - YouTube[/url

http://projectdrivein.com/?cmpid=PDI_SEM&ef_id=HB9PlFTHohwAAASW:20130823215724:s

[URL=http://s355.photobucket.com/user/daddyshaq/media/Acura%20TSX/Trannyfluid.jpg.html]

Honda tranny fluid

Looks a little overdue, don't you think?

Because racecar?

A little too close for comfort for me, thinking of some sort of heat shield, ideas are welcome!

·
Registered
198 Posts
If you come up with a heat shield for the SRAM post up, because I think you'd be one of the first, that I have seen.

You could extend the filter into the wheel well.
TSX engine compartment is fairly sealed.

Also our cars aren't really that fast :p
But we corner amazingly. Keeping speed through turns is our strength.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about that but I live in Nebraska and have to deal with snow so I don't wanna worry about snow or something gettin in the wheel well then getting to the filter but we'll see. And the cornering is okay. I plan on doing a lot of chassis stiffening and lowering it because I noticed when I got through corners there is an extreme amount of body roll and I'm not a big fan of that haha :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.