Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone:

I have a 2005 Automatic TSX which has been having some strange noises as of late. At low speeds (under 55 mph), I have a slight metallic rubbing sound. I attribute this to uneven brake rotor wear. At higher speeds (over 55 mph),the metallic rubbing sound seems to go away and it seems to turn into a more hollow sound, somewhat akin to a wheel bearing issue. The noise seems to be coming from right around where the passenger would put their left foot (center console, passenger side).

This leads me to believe that I may have a bad half shaft bearing.

I was originally having the car pull to the left and having some steering wheel vibration, but that seems to have gone away since I lubricated the caliper slide pins.

Has anyone on here ever had the half shaft bearing go bad? If so, what were the symptoms associated with it?

Any insight you guys might have would be great.

Thanks,

DD

·
Registered
324 Posts
I replaced mine a year ago chasing an issue. It wasn't the issue. The bearing I pulled out has 240k+ miles on it... It did not feel exactly the same as the brand new OEM one.... But it did feel 100% serviceable.
In your case I would be much more suspicious of the inner joint of your left side CV axle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts