Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, left this question a while back and thought I would try again to see if any new info or opinions may be out there. Bear with me if it's a little long in tooth. Our 09 TSX has about 105-K on it and it has been a great car but is starting to develop a bad habit. Sometimes I have to move the car a short distance....back out of garage....etc. This means that the car is only running from a cold start for about 1 - 2 minutes. Then when I go back to move the car again, lets say about 20 - 30 minutes later it is very hard to start. It will have to crank over for what seems to be 10 - 20 seconds before it will eventually lope into a start. This only occurs after a cold start, not when the engine has had time to warm up. In other words if I drive 20 minutes to a destination and park it for a while, when I come back it fires up just fine. Anyone have this issue or heard of it ? My first guess would be some kind of sensor messing with the computer...for exp.....maybe telling the ECU that it's warmed up but if fact it's still really cold. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem - for me I have to press the gas pedal to give it gas before it starts. Wondering if there's any fix to this issue

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been having the same problem with intermittent hard starting. The car doesn't have to be cold for it to happen. I stopped to get gas the other day and it was difficult to crank back up. When if does finally start up it runs rough for a few seconds. I'll have to try the gas pedal trick but has anyone found any more info on the possible cause of the problem?

·
Registered
2011 Acura TSX
1 Posts
Ive had the same issue for months until i ended up replacing my battery under my warranty and no more hard cranks atm for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts